playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and Pool Manager 5 Question [SOLVED]  (Read 2214 times)

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Playmaker and Pool Manager 5 Question [SOLVED]
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:45:44 AM »
I bought Pool Manager yesterday since it seems to be supported to work with Playmaker. One bigg issue I got is, that it seems to me that Objects repawned from the Pool are not reseted to the default Values like creating an New Instance of an Prefab would be. Is this a Bug or does Pool Manager work that way with Playmaker? It is an big issue for me since all my Object behaviors like init states seem to be ignored as soon an Object is spawned several times from the Pool. Would really appreciate some help here.

greets
Peter
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:33:34 PM by phannDOTde »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker and Pool Manager 5 Question
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:07:27 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I think this is the way it works since the purpose of a pool is to reuse components and so they are only disabled, not destroyed and recreated ( and thus the performance increases).

I would study ways of knowing within your prefab when to reset, I mentionned it on your other threads, have a fsm that manage other fsm and disable/enable them when required to benefit from the "Reset of disable" option for fsms.

Bye,

Jean

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Re: Playmaker and Pool Manager 5 Question
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
Hi Jean,

after reading your last Post on this Topic another five times and sleeping over it 2 Night I realized that a major Issue I had resulted in the simple fact that I accidently switched off one Prefabs FSM's "reset on exit" toggle in the Inspector. Now it seams to work again and the States are initialized from start as soon a Object is spawned from the Pool so far. Still got some Bugs to hunt down anyway, seams that it wasnt the best idea to implement pooling so late in dev progress, but you only learn from mistakes ;-)

Thanks for you help - the other Topic on "OnSpawn" "DeSpawn" Events still might be intresting but at the moment there is light at the end of the tunnel again.

have a great weekend
Peter

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker and Pool Manager 5 Question [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 06:14:05 AM »
Hi,

I am glad you found this, cause I was very scepticle on your issue. It make sense to forward spawning events to the prefab, yet, I think everything can work without it, so keep progressing on this, if you find yourself stuck again because of that let me know.

bye,

Jean