playMaker

Author Topic: Error with NGUI actions  (Read 8221 times)

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
Error with NGUI actions
« on: November 03, 2013, 06:34:35 AM »
Hi,

I am just trying NGUI for the first time, so I installed the actions from the wiki.
Here what happends :

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Widgets/UIJoystick.cs(134,45): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Vector3' does not contain a definition for `AlmostEquals' and no extension method `AlmostEquals' of type `UnityEngine.Vector3' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
So I commented the whole file for the mean while.
Obviously I got an other error since now the first action is missing here :

Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Widgets/Actions/NguiGetJoystickInput.cs(32,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UIJoystick' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
so I commented this one too.

Then last one, related to Photon, which I have deleted from my project because I am using unity basic  :

Assets/PlayMaker NGUI/Widgets/Actions/NguiGetJoystickInput.cs(32,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `UIJoystick' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

So I just commented the problematic line. And it seems I don't have anymore errors.
I will try to work with that.

For the moment I just need to set some kind of inventory system. You  drag a handle, horizontally, from the side and it brings in an inventory wheel. You then drag the wheel up and down to browse the Items.
So I don't need anything fancy for now,I hope what I did allows me to use the basic functions of NGUI,
Would be nice if someone can look into that and help me fix it, or just tell me if I am missing any functions (obviously the joystic won't be working, I don't need it for now, but maybe later on who knows....)

thanks !
Yaniv

Visit my portfolio: http://www.yanivcahoua.com/

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
Re: Error with NGUI actions
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 07:40:47 AM »
I played a bit with the demo scene, I have the popup quite working, but the others have given error.

What is the status of these actions ? Are you still working on them ?
Do you have any tutorial / get started ?

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 08:51:39 AM »
Ok I have found the NGUI thread in the forum, it should be referenced in the wiki page. And I got a NGUI event working (yay!)

Now how do I get to find details a bout a drag it self. I need to know the direction, and maybe the amplitude of the movement.
Do I need to build my own touches listener or is there a way to get info about the drag.
I would need to know the start and end position of the drag for example.

I am a bit confused with the camera system and how to listen to the touches in relation to both setup.

thanks
Yaniv

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 01:54:05 AM »
Hi,

Yes, it looks like you got an old version of ngui package for Playmaker, the latest from the wiki should work without any errors.

what drag system are you referering too?

bye,

Jean

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:22:45 AM »
Hi Jean,
I downloaded the ngui package from the wiki, a few time, it didn't help.
How can I know if I have the right package.

About the drag:
I was curious to know if I use the NGUI / DRAG event I would be able to get info about it through NGUI as to not build another system just to get that info.

For now I have found some workaround that is almost working : I use the NGUI event to inform my main custom inputmanager, through a boolean variable, that a NGUI object has been touched / clicked . From there I am able to work with the gui object, and use the regular touch info to affect the gui.
So I don't have to screencast in both cameras as I thought it would be the right way to go.
It is almost working so I guess it is the way to go for it ?

Yaniv

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 04:42:57 AM »
Hi,

The latest version is for ngui 3.03 and there is a previous package for ngui 2.7

You may simply not cleaning your file when importing over and over. If you start on a fresh project, do you get these errors too?

bye,

Jean

Yanifska

• My Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 05:28:42 PM »
Installing the package on a new project seems to work fine.
Do you have any suggestion to clean my current project ?
Ngui actions are working for now, but I'd prefer to know all is clean.

Also how can I reorganize my folders, I would like to move playmaker and ngui and all the playmmaker actions to the plugin folder but it just breaks if I do so.

Is it ok just to remove any package or playmaker actions and reinstall it?

thanks
Yaniv
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:41:19 PM by Yanifska »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 12:51:44 AM »
Hi,

Simply delete your PlayMaker NGui folder, and reimport, that should do.

NEVER move folders you downloaded from the Asset Store, it will break 90% of the time your project. This is a very painful constraints and some assets take that into account, but most expect files to be in a very specific place in the "Assets" folder, so I strongly suggest you never move folders around when it's not yours.

Typically, I tend to arrange my project into my own folder and in there organize my assets, it leaves the Assets Folder free from specific files for this project and all Assets downloaded from the asset stores goes where they want...

bye,

Jean