playMaker

Author Topic: DelayedEvents with optional name/id.  (Read 3331 times)

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
DelayedEvents with optional name/id.
« on: January 15, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »
I just did run into a case where we had multiple delayed events going on at the same time and one of those events should be stopped early and reset, while the others should finish normally.

The problem is that PM has no optional identifier (id/name) to handle such cases. So being able to setup a name/id for a delayed event would be nice, so u can kill specific events. This would work similar to the optional iTween ID system.

thx Andy

PS: While i'm at events, the ability to setup repeating events without the need of a helper states would be nice, similar to what the invoke action can do.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:07:14 AM by Andy22 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: DelayedEvents with optional name/id.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:55:55 AM »
Hi,

I don't recommand using delayed event at all in fact, because if you leave the state the event will still be fired, which I feel is going against the logic.

I created an action with a delayed option that only persists if you don't leave the state. Can't find it cause search is down on my end. But look for event delay posts, you should find it should you want to give it a go.

bye,

Jean

Andy22

• Junior Playmaker
Re: DelayedEvents with optional name/id.
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 04:29:41 AM »
Hi,

I don't recommand using delayed event at all in fact, because if you leave the state the event will still be fired, which I feel is going against the logic.

I created an action with a delayed option that only persists if you don't leave the state. Can't find it cause search is down on my end. But look for event delay posts, you should find it should you want to give it a go.

bye,

Jean

Yeah i know and i found this behavior kinda surprising, since this will more or less degrade "delayed events" to simple waits. I have no clue what "delayed events" where designed for, but we did need a system to start/control timed logic. Basically something u can do with invoke or UFPS timers and where hoping delayed events would help here.

We already have a second case, where the missing Id's start to cause problems and seems i need to write wrapper actions for the UFPS timer system and replace the delayed events we use.

bye Andy