PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Tutorials

Official Tutorial Request Thread

<< < (21/22) > >>

Sovarius:
I searched and found no answer.

But i was wondering if there was a tutorial geared towards creating a 2d top down action adventure? A Zelda-like, think A Link to the Past.

To familiarize myself with Unity and Playmaker i am recreating some features of ALTTP, a player character with movement and actions, 2 enemies, a hud, a couple items.

C.J.Geringer:
I would like to request a tutorial that shows how to create from a.xmlfile a list similar to the one used to select actions in playmaker´s action browser fr, where there are clickable categories, and then when a category is cliked a new list with clickable options dropsdown and pushes the other categories down, until a new categorie is clcked on.

I have a few .xml files with categories that contain option sin each category, and want to have that sort of interface.

Thank you for your time.

jeanfabre:

--- Quote from: C.J.Geringer on June 03, 2018, 07:58:47 PM ---I would like to request a tutorial that shows how to create from a.xmlfile a list similar to the one used to select actions in playmaker´s action browser fr, where there are clickable categories, and then when a category is cliked a new list with clickable options dropsdown and pushes the other categories down, until a new categorie is clcked on.

I have a few .xml files with categories that contain option sin each category, and want to have that sort of interface.

Thank you for your time.

--- End quote ---

Hi,

I can take care of that and provide a sample using xmlMaker, it will be straight forward, the complex bit is to get the uGui right, reading from xml is ok.

can you provide a sample of the xml you want to use and I'll base the sample on this so that it fits.

Bye,

Jean

riczjoshy:
 ;DHello. I want to learn character selection. Example . i want to select a character and play it in the scene. then if I want to back to select player . there will be no error. Can you helpme with this.

djaydino:
Hi.
it depends a bit on your setup.

can player change in main menu (before starting main game)
or during gameplay?

Probably you need to set some prefabs for each character, then use resources load (Ecosystem)

but if you wat to regular swap during gameplay you might want to load all characters and disable / enable the one you use/not use

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version