playMaker

Author Topic: Official Tutorial Request Thread  (Read 111366 times)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Official Tutorial Request Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2015, 11:16:43 AM »
ow, that's why maybe i am not getting it to work
i am using 1.8 latest beta

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2015, 11:53:52 AM »
yeah.... i just tested on a new project with PM 1.7.8.3 and that works better :)

i was already wondering why i could not get variables in...

do you have a beta working for 1.8?

Wake Lion

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2015, 10:17:09 AM »
A tutorial on how to make a "Z-targeting" system ala the 3D Zelda games. You lock on to an enemy and when you move, the camera orbits around the enemy while the player is still visible to the camera.

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2015, 06:35:18 PM »
I am having trouble making a jump/falling system where the speed in the XZ plane is concerved with playmaker and mecanim.

A tutorial about that would be nice.

ballista

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2015, 07:52:43 AM »
Hi.   Would anyone be able to post a tutorial on Picking up and carrying objects, I've only managed to find one on YouTube but it's not very clear and is for a first person so it attaches to the camera, and is using actions that are not in the action browser but it doesn't tell you which add-on is used.

I'm trying to work out how to get my 3rd person to pick up items to use as triggers for puzzles and such like, thanks for any help.

musclynerd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Hi, I've watched some of the official playmaker tutorials but the ones covering 2D from what I've gathered are quite out dated.

Does anyone know or could recommend some upto date tutorials on using playmaker for 2D games and would be even better that are designed for android.

Thanks

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2016, 02:05:48 AM »
Hi,

it doesn't matter the target really, IOS or android, Windows, Tizen would not make any difference in the way you design the interaction.

I would get the 2d Platformer remake I did posted on Github, it's the 2d platformer from Unity Learn, 100% rebuidled with PlayMaker, it's definitly something that will help you study how 2d can be controlled with PlayMaker.

https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMaker--UnityLearn--2dPlatformer

Let me know if you have questions.

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2017, 08:48:18 AM »
I would like a tutorial showing a good way to make a character creation screen similar to old school RPGs where one can increase/decrease attributes, choose perks and skils from pop-lists. And increase/decrease the ranks in the selected skills
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:01:59 PM by C.J.Geringer »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2017, 11:13:31 AM »
Hi,
Can you give a game name as sample?

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2017, 07:26:53 PM »
Can you give a game name as sample?

Fallout 2, Wasteland 2.

tooltips are currently in an .xml file, but any impementation is ok, I am perfectly willing to change it for a good end result

tutorial might be whatever format is easier, video, text, sample project/package. any one would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:02:21 PM by C.J.Geringer »

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #85 on: October 20, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
I would like to request A tutorial on recreating the Mii head-customization system:

WillowN

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »
I'd love:

1. A rhythm game tutorial
2. A slower walkthrough/breakdown of the Simon Says game that Sebas made since some of the elements of it are missing
3. A tutorial on the 2 platformer that Jean Fabre remade using Playmaker from the UnityLearn since the scene isn't set up on the one I downloaded isn't set up.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2017, 03:22:09 AM »
Hi,

What is not setup on the 2d platformer? the package has a working scene, in the "PlayMaker Unity 2D Demo" folder, have you opened it?

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2017, 03:23:45 AM »
I would like to request A tutorial on recreating the Mii head-customization system:

Hi, where exactly do you have problem with this? is it the UI management, the data or the rendering and management in game of the final character setup?

the problem with doing a tutorial on this is content, I guess I could go with simple shapes but it will not be nice...

Bye,

Jean

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2017, 09:41:21 AM »
The menu GUI with the options is something I can do. It doesn´t actually preview the options but simple forward and backward buttons for each category that change an integer is something I can do no problem.

Content, is also ok, Simple head shapes with flat colors and face features sprites with transparency. I have someone who can do the hairs.

For handling Data I intend to have all the selected options saved into an .xml file, since I work well with them, and they are very well integrated in my workflow.

But I have no idea what is the best way to actually implement this. I Have no idea what would be a good way of managing the textures, Should I use a texture atlas? etc...
The closest thing I did to this was a very simple texture swap, I am quite lost on where to start,a nd how to do it.

As for the tutorial not being pretty, due to just using simple shapes, that doesn´t bother me at all, as long as I can understand the algorithms well enough to implement them myself with my own assets.

Other then the assets and the menu, I don´t know where to start.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:48:21 AM by C.J.Geringer »