playMaker

Author Topic: [Release] Hide-n-Seek Winter (A Free toon adventure game with lots of snow!)  (Read 5677 times)

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
  • >Obtained Orange Pekoe tea!
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
UPDATE: March 10th, 2014

Hey guys, I just created a webplayer version of the game. So now you can play the game directly in your web browser no download required. The webplayer version plays at the same resolution for everyone so now all gui text and gui objects are placed where they should be if any of you have been experiencing gui problems such as text out of place or gui objects cutting off the screen.

Play the webplayer version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/DarkChocolateWinter/Builds/FinalBuilds/Hide-n-SeekWinter_WebplayerVersion/WebPlayer.html

Once again, this is 100% free to play, no in game ads or anything. The link is just a dropbox link so it won't take you to third party sites like kongregate or anything to play the game on.

The webplayer version still saves your game progress so you can close it and open it to continue where you left off. The game automatically saves after completing a level.

Enjoy!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just posted this in works in progress thread. Since its done Im posting it in the showcase here as well. Game Was made with Playmaker

Game is finished and released!

You know what today is? (my birthday). The release of my newest game! :)
Just as promised yesterday, today I am finally releasing my first game of 2014. This is probably my most polished game yet. I put in a lot of hard work on this and it took me a lot of  time but finally its complete and I am happy to add another game to my list of completed game projects. This one is my best game yet so far. :)

I just finished writing a giant blog post on my dev blog where I say all these things about my game and kind of brag about it then I have the downloads section for the game up. So if you wanna check out the full blog post for my newest game check out the release page for it here on my blog:

http://snowconesolidwho.blogspot.com/2014/03/hide-n-seek-winter-released-birthday.html

So anyway, just getting to the point. My game "Hide-n-Seek Winter" is out now and is available 100% free to download and play. Currently it is for windows, Mac and Linux platforms. I might make an android version of it sometime down the road and I will probably create a webplayer version to put here as well later on.

Release Trailer: (NEW)
Before you download you can check out the release trailer I made for this game to see what its about:

Story:
After playing a game of hide and seek, little sister Frosty compliments her big brother Choco by telling him that he is the greatest hide and seek player ever. After saying this, the "Hiding Demon" suddenly appears and refuses to believe that choco is the greatest hide and seek player ever. The hiding demon then kidnaps Choco's little sister and disappears. The hiding demon tells Choco to meet him at the frozen pond in the "Infinite Snow World", a strange alternate dimension world where it snows forever. In order for Choco to rescue his little sister, he must defeat the hiding demon in a game of hide and seek.

Download Links: (Dropbox)

Hide-n-Seek Winter for Windows
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/DarkChocolateWinter/Builds/FinalBuilds/HidenSeekWinter_ForWindows.rar

Hide-n-Seek Winter for Mac
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/DarkChocolateWinter/Builds/FinalBuilds/HidenSeek_Mac.rar

Hide-n-Seek Winter For Linux
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/DarkChocolateWinter/Builds/FinalBuilds/HidenSeek_Linux.rar

Well thats it. Like always I had a lot of fun creating this game. I believe that this is a major step up compared to my previous games. It was a really big project for me and definitely one of my most serious attempts at making a good game. If you play it I would love to hear your feedback and critics. Enjoy the game everyone! :)

EDIT:

Forgot to post the in game screenshots here. So here they are,

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:22:00 PM by snowconesolid »

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Happy Birthday and congratulations on the release!

Hopefully I can get mine finished soon too!

Going to have a play of it later on :)

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
Thank you very much Marcos!
Im really looking forward to your "Parasol" game as well!

I will have a webplayer version of this game up real soon as well for people who prefer to play in their web browser and not download a pc version.

Also, I edited the original post. I added screenshots.

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Just played a bit, it's cool!

Got up to the train bit, will finish it later :)

Well done, again.

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
Thanks again Marcos! :)
Since you tried it out can you let me know how the gui text and other gui objects appear on your screen? Like are things out of place, like the text not in the dialog text box or some of the gui is cut off and going off the screen? stuff like that. Some people might get different results depending on their screen resolution.  Creating a universal gui is always a problem I had in unity.

Tried a bunch of other ways to have it adjust itself according to screen res such as getting the height and width of the screen and calculating it but no dice. It is good on a 1024 x 768 res. Also, everything is in place in the unity editor but in the actual build it acts weird, font changes size and moves out of place.

Is there any tools on the asset store that automatically adjust gui text according to screen res anyone can recommend to me? Making GUI in unity was always annoying in some ways to me because it always gives me problems.

snowconesolid

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Snowconesolid Dev Blog
UPDATE: March 10th, 2014

Hey guys, I just created a webplayer version of the game. So now you can play the game directly in your web browser no download required. The webplayer version plays at the same resolution for everyone so now all gui text and gui objects are placed where they should be if any of you have been experiencing gui problems such as text out of place or gui objects cutting off the screen.

Play the webplayer version here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50235309/DarkChocolateWinter/Builds/FinalBuilds/Hide-n-SeekWinter_WebplayerVersion/WebPlayer.html

Once again, this is 100% free to play, no in game ads or anything. The link is just a dropbox link so it won't take you to third party sites like kongregate or anything to play the game on.

The webplayer version still saves your game progress so you can close it and open it to continue where you left off. The game automatically saves after completing a level.

Enjoy!