playMaker

Author Topic: Play multiple audios attached to a single object  (Read 2280 times)

ryf9059

Play multiple audios attached to a single object
« on: March 17, 2014, 05:15:14 AM »
Hi,

I have an AudioManager and have many sound source attached to it. My question is how can I play those sound sources as I specified?

I do notice in the Audio Play action you can choose one short clip to play the specific piece of audio you want. But that kinda defeat the purpose of having multiple sound source attached to the manager in the first place. I want to be able to play a source that's available on the object, that I can choose from, instead of having one dragged directly from the assets folder. How could I do this? Thanks.

ryf9059

Re: Play multiple audios attached to a single object
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
I also know I can have multiple child component and each attached with a FSM script to play its own audio, but that's too much of a waste. Anyway I can do all that from a single AudioManager and scripts?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 01:20:35 PM »
If you have some more complicated things to do with Audio I would recommend getting Master Audio as it's a great solution for nearly all Audio related issues in any project.

Otherwise, you could share data via Object variables, specifying the audio clips there.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

ryf9059

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
Otherwise, you could share data via Object variables, specifying the audio clips there.

By sharing data via object, sounds like the my second post here where I attach many children and use those children as object. Is that correct?

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 01:40:03 PM »
Depends on your actual setup, its not clear to me yet. I wanted to note that you can identify the sound clips in Object Variables.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D