Archived Boards > Windows Phone 8 Help

Install issues with WP8 addon [SOLVED]

(1/4) > >>

drswoboda:
Hello,

I'm just starting with Playmaker. I create a new, empty Unity v4.3.4f1(Free) project. I import Playmaker v.1.7.7.1. I press play and everything complies correctly.

Then I import Playmaker Windows Phone Addon v.1.7.7.6 and I get a compile error:

--- Code: ---Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Network/NetworkGetMessagePlayerProperties.cs(53,63): error CS1061: Type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData' does not contain a definition for `Player' and no extension method `Player' of type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
--- End code ---

What am I doing wrong? The website install instructions state to install Playmaker, then the Addons. That is what I have done.

Help please.
-David

Alex Chouls:
Did you switch the build platform to Windows Phone 8?

Windows Phone 8 does not support Unity networking so it is removed from the Playmaker dll. The networking actions detect the current build platform. So if you switch to Windows Phone 8 the compile errors should go away... Or you can delete the networking actions if you're not using them in your project...

drswoboda:
Hi Alex,

Yes, you're right, I had not set the platform correctly.

But, I'm still having issues. I can load and run non-Playmaker code on my Phone (Lumia 1020) just fine.

But Playermaker seems to be having issues or setup steps that I have not followed.

New scene with Playmaker and WP8 Addon. Put a sphere in scene. Add simple FSM. Start state called color. Add Set Material Color. Set to RED.

Run in on PC. Sphere turns red and I see the debug icons showing the state conditions.

Build and run to phone. Project loads without errors. Ball is still gray. No debug icons in scene.

Build and run in Developement Build mode. Scene loads. Left half of screen is filled with text that to small to read and ball is still gray.

It does not appear that Playmaker is running when building to phone.

It's too late and I'm too green to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any suggestions? (or should I find a new career :) )
-David

drswoboda:
I forgot to mention something.

In the Actions Browser, under Device, there is an action called:
Get iPhone Settings.

?? Why would that be there for WP8? Do I have the correct software. I bought it through the Unity Store.

-David

drswoboda:
I have hit a dead end getting Playmaker and WP8 working.

I can build, install and run non-Playmaker code to my Lumia 1020.

I have re-downloaded both Playmaker v1.7.7.1 and WP8 Addon v.1.7.7.6 from the Unity Store. I have created a new project and Imported Playmaker without Networking. Then import Addon.

I make a very simple scene as described in previous post. It runs in the Desktop UI.

When I build I get this msg:

--- Code: ---Game scripts or other custom code contains OnMouse_ event handlers. Presence of such handlers might impact performance on handheld devices.
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()
--- End code ---

When I build and run. I get no error messages, but the install to phone fails without messages. It blanks the screen for a moment and then returns to WP8 App List.

Last night I had it loading and running on phone, but Playmaker functions  and Debug Icons did not work or display. I'm clueless as to why last night I at least got it to the phone, and today I can't. I have deleted reinstalled and deleted many project attempts, and don't have the projects from last night. I guess I could dig in the trash for them, but I kept using the same directory names, so I doubt I can get them back.

As stated above, I have reinstalled the entire system (except Unity) MANY times now.

Is this WP8 Addon "ready for primetime?"

I don't see a lot of activity for WP8 in the forums, so I guess the installed user base is pretty small. Some people have it working. But I can't get this working.

I need some help and guidance.

Thank you,
-David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version