playMaker

Author Topic: iOS tutorials running on WP8  (Read 8553 times)

drswoboda

• Playmaker Newbie
iOS tutorials running on WP8
« on: April 05, 2014, 06:33:32 PM »
A few months back, before I bought Playmaker, I watched many of the tutorials. Now that I have Playmaker, I'm going back to those videos to learn the system.

Since there are no WP8 specific tutors, I am currently working on the iOS tutors and investigating the DEVICE actions.

I'm finding a lot of issues. I would expect that the WP8 support would allow all those actions to work. I assume that the DEVICE actions are Global to all the Mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Blackberry and WP8)?

In the the DEVICE ORIENTATION EVENT I cannot get my Nokia Lumia 1020 to react to Portrait_Upside_Down, Face_up or Face_down. ( and I never could trigger an Unknown, which is probably a good thing.)

With the DEVICE_SHAKE_EVENT, it fires once, on the first shake, then never fires again. You have to restart to get a shake event to trigger.

As I am hoping to publish to iOS, WP8 and Android, I'll need to be able to handle all three platforms.

Am I doing something wrong? Do the iOS tutorials need to be "fixed" to work with WP8? Or is this stuff broken in WP8?

I will continue to report as I work through the rest of the DEVICE actions. I am curious to see what may happen if I try to use Get iPhone Settings on WP8. It should be fun. :)

Thanks for listening.
-David

Fratno

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: iOS tutorials running on WP8
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »
I just got started last week and was wondering about the iOS commands and Windows Phone 8 platform. Since your further along than me, I wanted to know, does the touch screen functions work? Like swipe gestures, etc. I'm gonna make a game where movement is touchscreen based and its gonna be for Windows Phone 8.

drswoboda

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 10:04:03 AM »
Hello Fratno,

I am back to working this project, and so far I am not having much luck using the iOS tutorials with WP8.1.

I was hoping for some feedback from the devs in this forum, but it has mostly fallen on deaf ears so far.

Any devs want to chime in on the issues being discussed here?
-Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:11:32 PM by drswoboda »

drswoboda

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 09:20:49 PM »
So I have continued to work thru the iOS tutorial scenes today.

Tutorials #7, #8 & #9 involving touch are all working, with one caveat. The sample file that I downloaded from the website had lost many of the variable settings in the FSM's. I had to fixed the samples to get them to work.

I have run into issues with #10 - Swipe Gestures.

The samples don't work on my device. The Swipe Gestures Event works, but the calls to the iTween Rotate Add Event are not working.

The first time you swipe it works, but the event does not finish and never returns to the Idle State. Is iTween broken on WP8?

I tested the Swipe event by itself with debug text and it works fine. I have tried all the possible return options in the iTween Event with no luck. I see a few posts about iTween issues, should I avoid these actions?

Any ideas on this?
-Thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:23:12 PM by drswoboda »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 08:00:57 AM »
Hi,

You should always allow few days for a thread to get noticed and processed, I have currently more than 21 pages of pending threads to go thru on this forum. After few days, bump the thread again, and you'll get attention eventually, just don't give up ok. thanks :)

I replied on that other thread on the same topic. Basically, I need to make sure where you got these two events and the actions used so that I can testify if it's all working for me here.

Bye,

Jean

drswoboda

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:09:26 AM »
Hi Jean,

I was testing the DEVICE ORIENTATION EVENT based on the code from the download package for the iOS tutorials. (http://hutonggames.com/tutorials_ios_fundamentals.php)

As I stated above, several of the orientations are not firing events on my Lumia 1020 running either WP8 or WP8.1 beta.

-David