playMaker

Author Topic: Add-on download option  (Read 5214 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
Add-on download option
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:31:39 PM »
ArrayMaker, the NGUI extensions, EasySave 2 extensions, and many other incredibly useful tools that PlayMaker supports are a guaranteed import for me every time I create a new project.  The catch is that I get a little tired of going to each ones respective wiki page to check what the latest version is and/or download the package after setting up my project.  It would be nice if the Playmaker | Addons pulldown menu had an option to download the latest version of all the amazing tools that Jean has made, and any others that are practically features that should be built into PM but aren't. 

nilton_felicio

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Add-on download option
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 11:23:53 PM »
I fully agree with that. The list of Addons became so great. This would be a great feature as a way to manage these addons playmaker.

+1

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 12:41:12 AM »
Prime31 has this, would be a great addition to Playmaker.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:19:58 AM »
Hi,

I hear you! The action browser I am currently building has the potential to become this centralized source ( I call it ecosystem).

Typically, I at the point of release the first draft to you, but will only let you browser custom actions for now. I'll see if I can squeeze in the abilitiy to list addons to, it should not be a problem since I have a system that can reference unity packages already ( for micro samples and templates).

The big thing that needs to be done is an rss feed so that all news and releases for this ecosystem is consumed easily, I think rss is indeed the best here.

I'll see if I can put together an rss feed as well for this ecosystem first release.

Bye,

Jean

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 04:47:33 PM »
This sounds awesome Jean!

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
Jean,
You are a true hero, sir.  :)

TrentSterling

• Junior Playmaker
  • Someday I'll make games!
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 08:16:36 PM »
This sounds really cool. I have a few actions that I port into each new project. Sort of a library that I'm building. It would be cool to have a large collection of them organized.

I mean, we have the forums. But that's a little messy.  :o

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 06:54:39 AM »
Hi,

yep, that's the principle behind it, AND the great thing about it is that I am using github as the actual online repository, so eventualy, I will open the  way search is performed so that even your own repository can be searched and so you would maintain your custom actions in one place and access it from your various projects through this ecosystem browser if your custom actions complies with a very simple set of rules ( comments and all, nothing fancy).

Bye,

Jean