playMaker

Author Topic: PM FSM Editor won't show up[SOLVED]  (Read 10760 times)

vdelanno

• Playmaker Newbie
PM FSM Editor won't show up[SOLVED]
« on: March 27, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
PlayMaker used to work fine until Unity crashed. From then on, I haven't been able to pop up the PlayMaker FSM editor window on the machine where the crash occurred (all other PM windows can be displayed, other plugins still work fine, in fact, everything works fine when I load the project on my other PC).

Symptoms : I get an empty window upon startup (which I assume to be the FSM editor window) saying "EditorWindow could not be loaded because the script is not found in the project". Trying to edit an existing FSM or clicking PlayMaker > PlayMaker FSM Editor has no effect other than greying out the main toolbar, nothing showing up at all.

I tried using PM in an empty project, the results are the same : no FSM editor window can be popped up. And again, the same project opened on my other machine works fine (including the PM editor window).

As a last attempt, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Unity, but to no avail...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 12:11:19 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PM FSM Editor won't show up
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »
Hi,

Are you having script errors? if you have script errors, Playmaker doens't want to start. so fix them first and then load playmaker editor.

Hopefully this is the problem...

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
When Unity crashes it leaves some lock files in the project's Temp folder, try deleting the Temp folder before re-launching Unity. Don't know if this effects Playmaker, but it definitely causes other problems...

vdelanno

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »
@Jean, Alex : Nope, no script errors. In fact that's why I mentioned in my OP that I tried using PM from a new Unity project, and the main PM window still won't show up. The Unity console is empty. I don't have a single error message anywhere

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Hi,

uhm. I can recall something like that... have you tried to publish or switch back and forth publish targets?

bye,

Jean

vdelanno

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:35 AM »
Switching between targets and whatnot didn't change a thing.

However, behold! Switching to Unity 3.5 had PlayMaker work fine again. Not too sure why it used to work on 3.4 before I encountered this problem, but oh well

Grotstomper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 04:56:20 PM »
Hi,
I am running Unity Pro 3.5.1f2 and the latest download of Playmaker. I too don't get the editor window or Playmaker heading on the menu bar. I do see Playmaker under the Component menu allowing me to add fsm or gui to an object, but that is it.

Thoughts or a solution?

And yes I have re-opened unity yada yada yada to no avail.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »
If you add a PlayMakerFSM component to a GameObject, then hit Edit in the Inspector, does it open the editor? Or give errors? Do you have any other packages imported?

Did Unity crash recently? Sometimes a rogue lock file in the Temp folder can cause problems. Haven't seen this effect Playmaker, but it might be worth deleting the Temp folder before launching Unity...

caesarhernandez

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 10:53:06 AM »
I am having the same issue.

I have created a new project but am still not able to open the Playmaker editor.

I've tried adding a new gameobject, attaching FSM, and clicked "edit" in inspector and it still will not show up.

Thank you,
Caesar

caesarhernandez

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 11:02:16 AM »
..also, I have tried everything in this thread that the other guys tried.

caesarhernandez

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
I found the solution on the other thread...http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5604.0

The solution is to change the window layout to something else (like 2x3)..

Thank you!