playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker character path drawing system  (Read 2732 times)

Esindesign

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker character path drawing system
« on: May 12, 2014, 05:28:57 AM »
I fairly new to playmaker, but I have a project that has a very complex element that I really don't know how to tackle. I have a character for my IOS game, and I want to be able to use my finger/mouse to click on him and draw a path for him to follow. I've done some research and found that vectrosity has been ported over to playmaker allowing playmaker users to use vectrosity. This is very awesome, but sadly I don't know how to make a simple system that will allow me to draw a line on the terrain. My camera is top down simple 3d, so I need to be able to draw in 3d and not 90 degree topdown.

If Anyone can help me tackle this problem it would be a HUGE help for a nooby like me. xD

Here is some reference for the system I want for the game:
Thanks in advance! ;)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Re: Playmaker character path drawing system
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
That's an interesting challenge.

You can use vectrosity here. But the playmaker actions for it doesn't support dynamically adding nodes to a path. Not yet. So, I guess you will have to make a custom action to access the arrays of vectrosity. Now, to make the path, you can find mouse pick action handy. Lay down a series of nodes and feed the positions of these nodes into vectrosity for visualization.

This can be tricky for a noob though. May be Jean will be kind enough to make this action. I think vectrosity is already in his Huge Todo list.

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:30:26 PM »
Is there any update on this or anything similar action wise? I have been looking for a way to do this for a while but can't figure anything out.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

cel

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 01:33:25 AM »
maybe simple waypoint system (sws) will help, easy to use, it has playmaker actions, just not too sure on how to dinamically add a path, but the author Baroni is always very helpful