playMaker

Author Topic: Turn off  (Read 2553 times)

wheretheidivides

Turn off
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:26:26 AM »
Newbee playmaker question.  Sorry.

I just want to be able to turn something off.  I have a camera that when I keypress down, I want to just de-activate the camera.  I have the bool set and all, I just don't know which command it is to turn it off.

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Turn off
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 05:31:45 AM »
Depending on the situation, you can use for example "Activate Game Object" action. Or then if you want to disable just the camera component only, drag the Camera component to FSM state and select "Set Property", then from the dropdown menu select "enabled" and tick it off.

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »
"Or then if you want to disable just the camera component only, drag the Camera component to FSM state and select "Set Property", then from the dropdown menu select "enabled" and tick it off."

Ahh, I see.  I've been wondering what the set and get property popup was all about.  This makes a lot more sense.  So All I have to do is drag a mess renderer from the inspecter to the state window, then click set property.  That will allow me to turn on or off the mess renderer.  Cool stuff.

Playmaker is so cool, but that also means there are sooooo many tricks to learn.

Thanks

wheretheidivides

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
One more question about turning on or off a component.  How to you do that to a bunch of objects????

Let's say I want 10 walls to turn off the render mesh.  I can tag them as 'walls' so all of the tagged items will be turned off.  Now, how to broadcast to all of the items tagged 'walls' to turn off mess (set property to false)?

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 10:27:02 AM »
I don't think you can do that... I could be wrong though.