playMaker

Author Topic: Need some help with Wheelcollider  (Read 2826 times)

jayf

• Playmaker Newbie
Need some help with Wheelcollider
« on: July 06, 2014, 10:00:11 AM »
Hi. I'm now working on the physics of my vehicle, and I'm trying to piece together stuff little by little and I came across this thread: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=924.0. So my questions: Is that an action you assign to the FSM of the tire mesh? Also I assigned a Wheelcollider to an Empty Game Object and tried accessing it's properties with Get Properties, however it gives me a whole list of attributes, and nothing like the attributes shown on the screenshot. How would I access those?

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Need some help with Wheelcollider
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 11:30:46 AM »
Hi,

if you have an empty game object with wheel collider, you should Get Property from WheelCollider component not the Gameobject it seft.
Hope this helps.

jayf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »
Hi.

Ok but how do you do that? All I can do is drag and drop the Game Object, I can't drag and drop the Wheelcollider itself. If it is among the many properties of the Game Object where do I need to go, to access the Wheelcollider stuff?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 11:49:02 PM »
Search for Set Property on our YouTube channel (sorry not at my computer right now). You have to drag the component not the game object...

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:33:15 AM »
Select that Game object with Wheel collider in Hierarchy and drag the WheelCollider component from Inspector window. Drag it by "Wheel Collider" name.
At start I was confused about this too;)

jayf

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 10:46:11 AM »
Awesome! Thanks guys I can now access the Wheelcolliders properties. Now my next problem, I need the upward direction in the Wheelcollider properties, so that would be something like "wheelcollider.transform.up" when using scripts. Would that be "center > y" ?