playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker Split Text To Array List  (Read 3564 times)

wesleyd

• Playmaker Newbie
ArrayMaker Split Text To Array List
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:13 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to use Arraymaker to load a file created from loading text from web but i have a problem.

My txt file is generated automaticatly (with a c# script) and saved to Application.persistentDataPath (who change in unity, android, ios ...).

So i would like to use a variable to load the file with arraymaker here :

Is it possible to tell me what i need to change in SplitTextToArrayList.cs to have the possibility to add string (and assign the path and file name) and not text asset directly (where it's yellow in the screenshot).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker Split Text To Array List
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 02:35:32 PM »
Hi,

Have you tried to actually get the string first in a fsm variable and then use the "or this string" property of the action?

How do you save to the persistentDataPath to begin with?

Bye,

Jean

wesleyd

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »
Have you tried to actually get the string first in a fsm variable and then use the "or this string" property of the action?.

Yes but the string is very long, too mutch tu be imported, for example When i debug (Debug.Log(the_string);)i have an error :

count <= std::numeric_limits::max() UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI() maxVertices < 65536 && maxIndices < 65536*3

How do you save to the persistentDataPath to begin with?
I import with get proprety and a c# script attached to my gameobject.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »
Hi,

Can you share the file in question, I'll try, cause I think it's not related ( I only guess cause it mentionned vertices not file content).

Bye,

Jean

psypol

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »
Have you tried to actually get the string first in a fsm variable

Hello. i have a similar need in my project.
Could you guys tell me what is the simpliest way of loading text from a textfile to an fsm string variable ?

i installed and used EasySave2 actions for playmaker but in my case it does not do the job cause this file has its very own format and i dont want any encryption nor special format on it (like ES2 does ...)

Thanks