playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker Package Export utils  (Read 6772 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
PlayMaker Package Export utils
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:35:07 AM »
Hi,

When Exporting a package, there are several pitfalls to avoid:

-- PlayMaker Custom Actions are not detected by Unity Dependency check, so they are always left out and difficult to list properly.

-- PlayMaker global variables needs to be exported as an asset and included in the package for fsm's to work properly ( if using global vars of course)

-- PlayMaker.dll file is often included in package, where actually, it should NEVER be included at all.

It's been a while I meant to start on this, and I finally manage to get around building a first version of it. So I built a small editor utils to do the following:

1: Open the scene you want to export
2: Go to the menu "PlayMaker/Tools/Addons/Export Current Scene"

It will provide you with the following:
-- A saving dialog inc ase the scene needs saving
-- A reminder to deselect the PlayMaker.dll file
-- A dialog to export AND include PlayMaker global variables assets in the package
-- A final check on the scene to select also all custom actions used in that scene
-- Finally, Unity Export dialog is then shown, and will include the playmaker global asset is selected, and all custom actions used ( you are left with deselecting the playmaker.dll file)

I'd like to improve a number of things, like begin able to select several scenes, and prefabs ( not instanciated in the scene, yet custom actions would be needed, so this is a tricky situation...)

Feedback most welcome, and I encourage you to use this if you want to share your stuff on this forum, it will save time and corrupted package, missing custom actions and globals ( me being the first target....)

Bye,

Jean

FritsLyn

Re: PlayMaker Package Export utils
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
This does not appear to be working - not in my case at least: All global variables still lost, all references changed to blank ('Nothing').

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »
Hi,

Are you properly including global variables when exporting AND re importing the global variable asset when you import that package on a project?

Can you define a bit more where you get the references changed to blank? is it for the global variables or in other places?

Bye,

Jean

FritsLyn

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 04:50:42 AM »
" Are you properly including global variables when exporting AND re importing the global variable asset when you import that package on a project?"

No I was not :) Thanks.