playMaker

Author Topic: Streamline adding variables to FSM  (Read 2643 times)

QFGlenn

• Playmaker Newbie
Streamline adding variables to FSM
« on: December 08, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »
Hi. When I use Playmaker one of the things that slows me down a little is clicking between the variables and actions list to add variables to plug in. Plus when you click on variables you have to get the right type and click on the text box to add in the name.

What I was thinking was that it would be more convenient for the user if, well let's say you add a Find Game Object action to the FSM. You type in the game object name and then where it says "Value [    none     ]" you click, it shows all available game objects already in the variables list.

My idea is at this point, below these stated variables there is an "add..." part. I'd prefer to be able to add this variable without leaving the actions tab, but it would be just as convenient if it navigated me to the variables tab with the correct variable type preselected and the cursor in the name field ready to type automatically.

One more idea I had was that, when making multiple variables of the same type, that you don't have to click off the variable you just made and click on the text box to add a new one.

Cheers

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Streamline adding variables to FSM
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 01:44:59 AM »
1.8 will be out very very soon and it has this feature :)

QFGlenn

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Streamline adding variables to FSM
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 06:12:23 PM »
This system gets better at the rate we use it. I am consistently blown away by this asset. Thanks for the reply!