playMaker

Author Topic: Steamworks.NET  (Read 77385 times)

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
Steamworks.NET
« on: September 25, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
Hey everyone, I had some custom Playmaker actions created for Steamworks.NET, a cool steamworks wrapper for Unity. They were created by Riley Labrecque, who also created the wrapper.

Steamworks.NET and setup instructions are here: https://github.com/rlabrecque/Steamworks.NET

The playmaker actions and examples are here:
http://www.heavybullets.com/ETC/PlaymakerSteamworks.zip
edit: removed, sorry, download from dev_seba's post below

There is an example scene that should make things straightforward.

It is not a full featured playmaker adaptation, but only stuff that I needed for my own game, which was setting achievements, stats and leaderboards.
Obviously requires access to the Steamworks SDK.

If you do use both the wrapper and the actions I highly suggest a donation to support Riley and his work.

Steamworks SDK is currently 1.31, so if you're in the future watch out for incompatibilities.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 02:00:58 PM by terri »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Steamworks.NET
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 02:01:17 AM »
Yes yes yes!
Cant wait to try them :)

LogLady

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »
Many thanks!

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 11:34:04 AM »
Hi everyone!
This package includes my actions and Terri actions.
This package works with entire Steam API.
User Guide & Change Log included inside.

If you have any suggestion, bug, problem please report it were.
More to be added in the future.
Cheers
Seb
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 11:41:40 AM by Sebastião »

Dev_Sebas

• 1.2 Beta
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
Hi everyone!
This pack isn´t yet complete. In summer(after my exams) I will finish it ;D
Thanks
Seb

devotid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »
Downloaded the Steamworks.net package and had to make the changes to get it working in Unity 3.5.7 as per the FAQ on the documentation page.  I put in my app id and it worked flawlessly. :)

But.... When i went to import yours or Terris actions for playmaker I am getting these errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

- Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(37,56): error CS1061: Type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' does not contain a definition for `RealType' and no extension method `RealType' of type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(39,68): error CS1061: Type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' does not contain a definition for `SetValue' and no extension method `SetValue' of type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(42,68): error CS1061: Type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' does not contain a definition for `SetValue' and no extension method `SetValue' of type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(46,192): error CS1061: Type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' does not contain a definition for `RealType' and no extension method `RealType' of type `HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmVar' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(46,201): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for `System.Exception.Exception(string)' has some invalid arguments

Assets/Scripts/Steamworks.NET/PlayMaker/SteamGetStat.cs(46,201): error CS1503: Argument `#1' cannot convert `object' expression to type `string'

devotid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:38:16 PM »
BUmp.... anybody using these actions with a steam game?

Thanks.

Kevin

terri

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2015, 02:16:22 PM »
No idea, sorry. Possibly something has been updated since the actions were created?

If you need help you can do what I did and commission Riley to help you out with the Playmaker integration. -> https://twitter.com/rileylabrecque

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 01:54:27 PM »
Hey guys,

So I want to use this just to set up achievements. Like if the player completes a level or kills enough enemies.

So the way I have it set up is the Steam Achievements Setup is running in a GameObject in the very first scene. I have the Don't Destroy On Load action on this too, so that it carries over to the other scenes.

I then have the Steam Unlock Achievement in the same states that trigger a completed level.. But nothing happens. Any input would be appreciated.

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 01:44:13 AM »
Anybody?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2015, 04:21:11 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, I don't have experience myself with steamworks.net. Have you contacted Riley?

Bye,

Jean

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2015, 08:52:04 AM »
Yes I have. Made a donation and waiting for his reply.

terri

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 02:38:48 PM »
That sounds right, if nothing has changed since I used this, I'd guess there is something wrong with how you set it up. I'd go over and read the docs on the Steamworks.NET page

You changed the appdata and stuff right?

intrikit

• Defiant Child
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »
The way I set it up should work, right?

Is there any use for the Steam Get Achievement action in this case?

I am now actually getting an error (I forget exactly what it is because I'm not in front of unity right now) which says something like "Steamworks.NET unlock achievement" in red when PlayMaker hits the state with the Unlock action in it. It pauses the game and then skips the state. It also happens in your sample scene. I'll post a screen of that error later.

Yes, I changed the appdata with my own app number.

The connection to Steam seems to be working because I can see that my profile says "In-Game" when I run Unity.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:50:42 PM by intrikit »

terri

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 03:00:59 PM »
I mean set it up according to this: https://steamworks.github.io/installation/

Also, you obviously need to set up the achievements in Steamworks first, you've done that as well?