playMaker

Author Topic: STATEs moved at the top corner Can't bring them back....  (Read 2730 times)

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
STATEs moved at the top corner Can't bring them back....
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Hello,

so I selected 4 states and was moving them downward when all of a sudden they teleported to the top left corner (i believe this is an infinity point ) because I cannot even see any states on the small top right corner window where you can select/drag and move your way around the window.

Please tell me there is a quick fix for this, I've already spent 15 minutes in dragging them back to where they belong and its nowhere near not even 1% this is really frustrating.

I've tried searching the forums multiple times under "state moved at the end of window gui" but I get this error constantly: Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Seems like its out to get me all of a sudden, please tell me there is a quick fix for this.

Thanks

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: STATEs moved at the top corner Can't bring them back....
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
What version of Playmaker are you using? There was an older version with a similar sounding bug a while back, but it was fixed in an update...

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 10:22:47 PM »
1.7.7.f6

never got an update from unity although i purchased it from the website too, so I have 2 purchases and neither told me of an update,

is there one? will that fix it?

how can i fix this grr

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
Okay I just used my "secure" link to download the update, so how do I fix my FSM template with the states in the corner

C'mon there's gotta be some button or some shortcut you can press to move them back at least near the default start state... this is absurd.

:'(

PM version still says 1.7.7.f6

then I tried updating from the asset store, and the same version shows up,

I still have the issue though...  :o

I wish this wasn't significant but its a major template that I've been working on for quite some time now... its literally the brains of it all, almost all.

Jean help
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:55:57 PM by kici »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
That is the latest version. Strange, I haven't seen this bug in a long time...

Try resetting preferences (bottom right corner of the editor -> Restore Default Settings). Or add a new state to try to reset the graph bounds.

What happens when you try to move the states? Do they keep their position?
Do you have a backup from before the states moved to the origin?

If nothing works, you can export the template in a unitypackage and email it to me, and I'll take a look...

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 11:17:25 PM »
Okay I will try each and everything you specified below, if all fails I'll PM you with the link,

I'll be back in about 16 hours from now,

thanks for helping much appreciated.

and no I can actually move them but they are so far out that it'll take weeks if not months to get them back to the default start state lol, and unfortunately no backup on that one I was not expecting that.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:46:47 AM by kici »

kici

• Junior Playmaker
    • KZ Development
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »
Try resetting preferences (bottom right corner of the editor -> Restore Default Settings). Or add a new state to try to reset the graph bounds.

Did both, but the states still stay all the way high up to the left corner.

What happens when you try to move the states? Do they keep their position?
Do you have a backup from before the states moved to the origin?

They do move around, just too much to move... no backup

If nothing works, you can export the template in a unitypackage and email it to me, and I'll take a look...

So I took it up on myself to literally copy paste peach state and re-connect them according to what it was before, which took quite sometime, but after I completed delete the ones that were way up there, re-opened playmaker window and now its nice and zoomed in as it once was. Just gonna have to go over it to see if any other weird things now are happening,

but honestly this should not be happening in the 1st place, please notify Jean or however to at least make an option where you can select a state and move it to the default start state, this is truly a pain hopefully I never ever have to experience this again.

Thanks for the help.

For example when I re-opened the PM Window it debugged this:

PlayMaker: Fixed Graph View bounds!
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmGraphView:SanityCheckGraphBounds()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:SelectFsm(Fsm)
FsmComponentInspector:OpenInEditor(PlayMakerFSM) (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmComponentInspector.cs:300)
FsmComponentInspector:OnInspectorGUI() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmComponentInspector.cs:69)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Why can't i do that manually?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:46:59 AM by kici »