playMaker

Author Topic: Photon offline mode...[SOLVED]  (Read 4724 times)

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
Photon offline mode...[SOLVED]
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:40:42 AM »
Hello,

I'm getting conflicting errors with the Photon "offline" mode.

If I try sending RPCs with "offline mode" I get the error "Connot send RPCS in Lobby!  RPC dropped." I think it's because it appears Photon Proxy prefab object is connecting me to Photon.

The problem is, if I remove the Photon Proxy prefab object then I get the error "Please add Photon Proxy to gameobject".  This is occuring when I try to create my player object that would usually be instantiated on Photon.  I've tried switching the proxies on and off objects but if anything it just gives me more errors.

I've tried both Photon Instantiate Action (which actually doesn't appear to create the object without the Photon Proxy prefab) and the Create Object action to no avail.

The error itself is a little confusing because it says both the gameobject and the scene need the photon proxy but I'm not sure which it's really talking about.  Working with photon network require that you add a 'PlayMaker Photon Proxy' component to the gameObject. You can do so from the menu 'PlayMaker Photon/components/Add photon proxy to scene'

How does offline mode actually work?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:56:38 AM by jeanfabre »

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Photon offline mode...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
Hi,

when you set Offline mode on, you have to create a room, it will be offline room.
Now photon tries to send rpc or instantiate while not in a room.

Hope this helps:)

kanae

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Photon offline mode...
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 01:11:43 AM »
Hi,

when you set Offline mode on, you have to create a room, it will be offline room.
Now photon tries to send rpc or instantiate while not in a room.

Hope this helps:)

Ah hah!  That works!  It makes sense considering we can still use the room properties... should be in the tooltip!  Thanks 600