playMaker

Author Topic: Type Art Project- need help please.  (Read 2865 times)

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
Type Art Project- need help please.
« on: January 19, 2016, 09:29:27 PM »
I am new to playmaker, and working on some more graphic ideas for art pieces. I am working on a system that loads different prefabs based on letters. For testing I just made A, B, and C work. The end goal is to create some cool 3d font sets the you can interact with.

Currently, I just setup an FSM that manages everything. That part "seems" to be working.

But if i try to add a simple Rotate to Letter_Holder (a gameobject), and I type in A, B or C- not great stuff happens. The objects start to float and go in weird directions. They don't stay organized. I want to have that Rotate, just because it adds a nice oscillation to the object.

I know there is something simple I am missing, and it's driving me crazy, so I am attaching the project. Maybe it has something to do with how I am parenting?  :o
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9e-jkmV0dTaekNncUN6c3VoOFU/view?usp=sharing

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Type Art Project- need help please.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:00:17 PM »
I didn't have a look at the project- could be parenting could also be a local/world space issue.
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

laynardo

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Type Art Project- need help please.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 08:36:43 AM »
yea. I am assuming it's one or the other. And I have tried changing some options around for each, with no luck.