playMaker

Author Topic: Delete all actions from same type in the scene/project.  (Read 1640 times)

Aaddiction

Delete all actions from same type in the scene/project.
« on: November 23, 2014, 05:09:24 AM »
Hello,

I made the mistake of using playerprefs action on several places where I don't want them to be at the moment. I want to start clean on setting the player prefs and I don't want the old actions to interfere so I need the clean them all.

Is there a way to do that not going one by one for each one? I can see them in the action list where they are used but can not select all and delete them. Is there a way to do that?

Thank you.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Delete all actions from same type in the scene/project.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 01:57:34 AM »
Hi,

Yeah, that's a bit of workflow problem. It's the same in Unity, you can't really do this, I would guess because it's very dangerous to totally mess your project for good with a single click :)

Typically, I would take the time to do this manually, because such refactoring is indeed criticial for the stability of any kind of project. We all have to do this kind of stuff at some point, and indeed, I NEVER rely on refactoring options even when it's available. because I want to cover everything with my own moderation.

One way thos is to delete the action itself, so for example if you use "PlayerPrefSetInt" for example, delete the script "PlayerPrefSetInt.cs" and then PlayMaker is going to give you errors on all states that was using this missing action, then you have a more convenient way to go over everything. Once that's done, simply reimport PlayMaker and the action will come back.

Aaddiction

Re: Delete all actions from same type in the scene/project.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 05:40:59 AM »
Thank you for your advice. I'll indeed go manually over each one.