playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker and IL2CPP / performance in future releases  (Read 2564 times)

lukew

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker and IL2CPP / performance in future releases
« on: December 03, 2014, 11:43:20 AM »
Will Playmaker FSM general performance benefit from the IL2CPP in Unity 5 or other changes i Unity 5?

I'm just looking for good news about Playmaker performance in Unity, especially for situations with hundreds/thousands of active FSMs in the scene.

BTW. do you plan any performance improvements in 1.8 or next releases?

Don't think that I'm suggesting that Playmaker is slow or someting, I'm just curious.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:45:59 AM by lukew »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker and IL2CPP / performance in future releases
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 03:07:01 AM »
Hi,

If you have performances issues, please report to us right now, don't wait for 1.8 :)

Unity own internal system will always be beneficial as a side effect to all Addons. there is a but...

"but" currently, I would be very careful with the first few iterations of this new core. I strongly doubt it will be more efficient: it will be more portable, yes, that's the primary goal of this core change, efficiency isn't really the motivation for this...

So, I personally don't really expect any good news just yet :) Unity is under a lot of pressure to provide support for IOS submittion before february 2015, so performance is secondary on that front too... unfortunatly, compatibility is the real problem currently.

Bye,

Jean