playMaker

Author Topic: Wall hiding: Hoping someone can please help me...  (Read 2455 times)

El_Toro

• Playmaker Newbie
Wall hiding: Hoping someone can please help me...
« on: April 28, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
Working on my top-down game, and I'm trying to fade walls as the player moves
behind them. What the guys in this video have down is perfect, however I can't wrap my head around their instructions. Can anyone please put it in simpler terms for me. I have both Playmaker and Dotween like they recommended. Just can't figure it out for some reason.

Here is the video link:

Here is their instructions:
http://bigbrotherzgames.tumblr.com/post/157364000589/fade-walls-in-and-out-with-unity-playmaker

Any help would be great! I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now.

Robert
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:54:47 AM by jeanfabre »

El_Toro

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Hoping someone can please help me...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Wrong section. Sorry.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »
Hi,

Please bump me end of next week, I'll have a look, it seems something that could make it as a sample on the Ecosystem for sure.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 04:54:21 AM »
Hi,

sorry for the delay :)

here we go, please find attached a sample showing a very easy solution for checking when an object or a wall is in the way.

simply use a trigger that follows the player and look at the camera, then you can catch anything getting in the way and decide what to do with it, in this case hiding, but it could be something else. with this technic you don't need any complex raycasting or setup.

Let me know if this is suitable for you, I did not implemented dotween, you just do switch from changing color to tweening.

Let me know if you have questions :)

Bye,

Jean