playMaker

Author Topic: How do you offset materials?[Solved]  (Read 2283 times)

wheretheidivides

How do you offset materials?[Solved]
« on: January 31, 2015, 06:46:43 PM »
So for fun I thought I'd try to animate the old Atari logo.  You know, the one with the rainbow.  It has a ton of colors on it and they go down from the top to the bottom.  the ones on the bottom get put back to the top.  Neat 80s look.  If you want, here is 'where did Atari go?' music video.  At the very end is a Atari ad with the animation effect I want to do.

I am using 'set texture offset'. 
-I set it's value to 0
-I add .002
-I compare it to 1.  If at 1 then it resets the variable to 0 and starts over.

So this works.  the problem is that the texture pushes down but doesn't go to the top until the variable gets reset.  look at the red in the pictures in the Atari logo.  The red gets longer and longer.  I want it to go down, but have the bottom colors go to the top.  Now they do, but only after the number is reset to 1.  they do not get put to the top when the variable is between 0 and 1.

I was wondering how to make the texture offset so that the bottom gets put to the top immediately.

BTW:  the 2 rainbow elements are 1.  I deleted the 2nd rainbow.  This is old picture so forget element 2.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 05:16:26 PM by wheretheidivides »

wheretheidivides

Re: How do you offset materials?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »
Game is playing.  See the red in the Atari logo?  The bottom colors are not going to the top.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:51:22 PM by wheretheidivides »

wheretheidivides

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:48:06 PM »
Almost 1 sec into it and the Atari logo is all red.  the offset did not go to top.  Now after this at 1 second, the variable gets reset to 0 and it starts over again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 06:52:15 PM by wheretheidivides »

serenefox

• Serenefox Games
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:21:42 PM »
It looks like everything is setup right, is your texture import settings set to "repeat" instead of "clamp"? That's the only thing I can think of if the red just keeps getting longer or keeps going.
Most Recent Published Games:
Juicy Theater - Android

wheretheidivides

Re: How do you offset materials?[Solved]
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
Hey, that worked.  the raindow texture was clamp.  I set it to repeat and walla.  A cool 80s style Atari rainbow logo.

thanks.