playMaker

Author Topic: Trench Run - made in 5 days with Unity & Playmaker  (Read 2766 times)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Trench Run - made in 5 days with Unity & Playmaker
« on: January 28, 2015, 12:13:49 PM »
I have NO coding knowlede which is why I bought Playmaker about a month ago. I decided to create this game as a learning/education project to see what I could do given that I have no coding knowledge and have never created a game before.

So this short game has been made simply as a learning and education exercise. I have used Unity and Playmaker and some free assets. A couple of models have been taken from Blendswap but I've paid for nothing but Playmaker.

I'm pleased with the result, but some caveats:

The sound fluctuates from LOUD to quiet between the three scenes of the game (so beware).

I struggled with the gui text positions and although everything is positioned and lines up when played in 960 x 600 aspect, I think in other window sizes the texts and aiming reticle will be in the wrong place OR off the screen!

The game is only a short one with the simple aim of shooting the guns, staying alive and finally hitting the end target to complete the mission.
If you MISS the final target you will have to stay alive for a further 3 minutes until the target comes around again.
The T-fighters that are following you will shoot you BUT you can't shoot them as I decided to remove that bit to get this finished as I want to move onto another project.

I know that the Death Star shouldn't smoke in space but it looks good so I kept it in.

It's a learning/education project so Disney/Star Wars shouldn't be upset (I hope).

Please have a play and tell me what you think.

I know that 5 days is a long time for most seasoned game developers to produce such a simple game but really this is the very first compete game I've made AND I still wouldn't be able to write a line of code so this says something about the capabilities of Playmaker.

I know there would be plenty of scope to improve and add lots of bells and whistles to this game but really it was only meant as a 5 day learning project and it's not really an original game is it?.

So...

The Force is strong with Playmaker!
Trench Run

Thanks
R

coffeeANDsoda

Re: Trench Run - made in 5 days with Unity & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »
Suspecting you set up some sort of flappy bird style item generator system?

I thought it was kind of difficult because I couldn't aim at the gun turrets. Ran smooth though and thought it was interesting that you were able to set up a camera in the back of the x wing.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:31:06 PM by coffeeANDsoda »