playMaker

Author Topic: How to package a Playmaker FSM setup to send to someone?  (Read 2026 times)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
How to package a Playmaker FSM setup to send to someone?
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:42:47 AM »
I tried exporting just the scene but I seem to have got pretty much the whole project in the export. That's with export dependencies checked.

I just want to send a scene with a couple of FSM setups.

what's the easiest method that just packages the scene and contents of THAT scene?

ta

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: How to package a Playmaker FSM setup to send to someone?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 12:16:50 PM »
Just export an assetpackage and select the scene along with any relevant prefabs, materials, models, scripts, sounds, custom actions, etc...

Generally with good hierarchy structure this is easy, just select the Assets root folder, go to export a package, choose the None button to deselect everything, then go find the folder of stuff you want to send him and check that folder. All its subfolders and such will be included. I don't recommend ever using Include Dependencies.

Also, never include the Playmaker folder. Sharing the DLL is not allowed so generally its best to just steer clear of sharing the entirely. If you're sharing templates, again I recommend putting them in a separate asset subfolder for easy packaging and organization.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Re: How to package a Playmaker FSM setup to send to someone?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Thanks Lane