playMaker

Author Topic: Myst-like prototype adventure game.  (Read 4572 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Myst-like prototype adventure game.
« on: February 15, 2015, 05:51:37 PM »
With some delays aside, this is a game I've been working on for awhile to get more of a hang of first person gameplay mechanics. Some labels for the fsms don't display so when you try to open the door you just have to figure out how to enable it. I forgot to turn that back one when I tried to decrease the amount of drawcalls in order to make the game less choppy on my end.

And for the control panel on the second floor, I'm still experimenting with getting mouse pick action to work along with the crosshair the play has attached. Plus picking up objects feels kind of funky at this time, so for the second bolder you have to step away from it after you press the interact button first. Make sure not to get them stuck to walls or else you have to refresh the page again.

Controls *Drum roll please*

Dial lock puzzles controls - V to turn left, B to turn right

Carrying around items - P

The switch panel puzzle's left arm - Left Shift, lift arm up - R

https://db.tt/B7Ac3FA3

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Myst-like prototype adventure game.
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »
I've had a play. Managed to get out of the first room but I'm a bit lost as to what to do next. When I get near the plant it makes a noise but I can't workout what my next move should be.

clue please!  :P

coffeeANDsoda

Re: Myst-like prototype adventure game.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 08:16:38 PM »
I've had a play. Managed to get out of the first room but I'm a bit lost as to what to do next. When I get near the plant it makes a noise but I can't workout what my next move should be.

clue please!  :P

This level contains two boulders that can be activated if you press P. One by the corner of the first bridge(located left of the small pool) you turn to your right if you are at the plant. Second is past the stairs once unlocked.