PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

Authoring Custom Actions

<< < (3/3)

tcmeric:
djaydino. I would also suggest being able to add some examples of playmaker specific code.
Such as

[RequiredField]
[CheckForComponent(typeof(VRTK_Pointer))]
[ActionSection("Settings")]
[ObjectType(typeof(QueryTriggerInteraction))]
public FsmEnum
etc.

or

enablePointer = new FsmBool {UseVariable = true};

I know how to code, but often forget these playmaker specific things. Being able to start a template with 3 action sections (even empty ones), or the option to check for a component on the first variable (GO), that would be handy.

In general, I agree with your approach. It doesnt need to be overly complicated.

Right now I just copy and paste my past scripts, empty and re-code.

djaydino:
Hi,
@tcmeric
Some good points there.

When i am back home, i will ask Alex if i can get access to the wizard so i don't need to make it from scratch (and mainly to keep similar visuals)

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Yes, At some point we need to push for this. I too would enjoy a wizard that construct the structure of an action and you jsut fill in the blank after, but all methods, naming, public variable definition and attributes should all be presented in a clear manner where you have access to all the wonders intuitively. This and setting up the preprocessor or using the fsmStatActionAdvanced for accessing fixed and late update everyframe option. caching of component being targeted, etc etc.

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version