PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

Authoring Custom Actions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fat Pug Studio:
Damn man, this is great.

Fat Pug Studio:
I've been thinking a lot about action templates and i have an idea. I think of making a drag and drop custom action maker with dragging elements which actually contains the code as building blocks. Gotta check if unity or vs are capable of something like this. Basically something like Scratch.

Deek:
That would be very neat and there seem to be various ways to create/generate c# code at runtime, like  CodeDOM, Roslyn, T4 Text Templates (apparently not supported by Unity), or just having several static classes/dlls that get integrated when needed, though it seems a bit over-ambitious and quite the time sucker.
But if you're determined to do this, I would be absolutely looking forward to it and also interested in seeing your progress on this (you might lead a little dev diary in the "Work In Progress..."-section or somewhere else, where you could also get feedback from others on what to improve or can ask for help when you get stuck somewhere).

GUI-wise it shouldn't prove much of a problem, but I see a few more other possible obstacles on that endeavour:
- in actions you only see the variables, not the functionality behind it, so you would need two ways to customize, one for adding variables and one for adding the functionality behind it
- the code blocks would have to interact with each others flawlessly, making it also difficult to add to them, as that could break functionality on other parts, and since they get added at runtime and likely are supposed to be combined with any other code block it makes debugging even more difficult

Just trying to show some difficulties that you could encouter, but you should definitely try it.

Fat Pug Studio:
Thanks for the kind words and ecouragement. I'll start messing around with Nottorus to see how the Playmaker API works, though as far as i have seen it's nothing complicated, but integrating that into a flawless, easy going system will be tough :)

djaydino:
Hi,
For the action wizard i don't think this is the way to go, maybe for a separate add-on this would be good.

i just want to expand the option on the current version.
Like :

* Adding the "/*--- __ECO__ __PLAYMAKER__ __ACTION__ ---*/"
* Adding author
* Adding an url option (forum topic for example)
* Have a option to add "Every Frame"
* Add "update"type" options which would also add OnPreprocess
* Maybe pre-add variables and automatically add them to Reset()
And add some comment in the code to explain what to do where.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version