playMaker

Author Topic: coup de gueule  (Read 3342 times)

stigma

coup de gueule
« on: March 09, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Depuis le passage à Unity 5, Playmaker a tout foutu en l'air. Mon projet sur le point d'être terminé et assez conséquent ne marche plus. Tout ce qui est set property ne marche plus et pas mal d'autres trucs aussi, les paramètres sont raz. J'en ai un peu marre ce soir.
C'était mon coup de gueule

LudlowFx

Re: coup de gueule
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 09:36:58 PM »
Depuis le passage à Unity 5, Playmaker a tout foutu en l'air. Mon projet sur le point d'être terminé et assez conséquent ne marche plus. Tout ce qui est set property ne marche plus et pas mal d'autres trucs aussi, les paramètres sont raz. J'en ai un peu marre ce soir.
C'était mon coup de gueule

Hey banane tu es sur un forum Anglais tu aurais au moins pu écrire en Anglais >.<

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 02:15:51 AM »
Salut :)

Yep, moving to a new version is generally a pain, we all agree on this...  Typically, you have made a back up right? and if your project is close to completion, make sure you stick with Unity 5. It was the same for 3->4 and 4->5, wait until 5.1 or 5.2 for things to settle, including leaving time for all third parties publishers to also come up with their own package update for 5.x

Ok, so what is the problem with PlayMaker? I think you made other post on moving to Unity 5 right? If you have other issues, make sure you create new posts about them, and pm me if you don't get responses. It's important you describe the actual problems, because it's also likely that Unity itself will break a lot of features, physics, sources, editors, to name a few.

Bye,

Jean

stigma

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 03:26:34 AM »
Hey banane tu es sur un forum Anglais tu aurais au moins pu écrire en Anglais >.<
C'est parce qu'il n'y a pas de forum en français et ça faisait partie du coup de gueule, patate !

stigma

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 03:29:07 AM »
I resume the thread on my first post. Sorry for the double post, Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 06:03:10 AM »
Hi,

yeah, ok.

as for a french forum, I actually proposed this to Alex and he was up for it, but we need to find a host for this. I contacted unity france, but they did not replied to me. Maybe you know a different unity based web site that has a forum willing to create a section for PlayMaker? or else someone to actually host a french forum dedicated to PlayMaker?

I won't be managing such forum, but I can commit in checking regularly and seriously commit in supporting requests and questions like I do here, but that's it, I will not create and host a french forum and maintain it as a webmaster.

Bye,

Jean

LudlowFx

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
Hi,

yeah, ok.

As for a french forum, I actually proposed this to Alex and he was up for it, but we need to find a host for this. I contacted unity france, but they did not replied to me. Maybe you know a different unity based web site that has a forum willing to create a section for PlayMaker? or else someone to actually host a french forum dedicated to PlayMaker?

Bye,

Jean

Hi Jean,

In fact, I'm a moderator on Unity3D-France and I can assure you that chat with our Admin is not always easy. Highly variable response time!

There was a time we have a little forced the hand of our Administrator to add a section "Visual Scripting", not much about yet.

At worst, an idea like this ... Why not create a new category in this forum at the bottom of the forum which would offer a section for different languages? example:

PlayMaker News
Playmaker Updates & Downloads
Playmaker Hel & Tips
Playmaker Feedback
Bug Reporting
Playmaker Worldwide
    PlayMaker France
    PlayMaker Other Lang
    PlayMaker Other Lang

Just a simple small sub-section where (for example) the French could ask them questions if English is not their forte.

Given that there is no a thousand and one subject at the beginning, everything can be in the same sub-section.

Note: The name "Playmaker Worldwide" is only an example of course;)

LudlowFx

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 01:41:40 AM »
Hi,

I see... too bad, I think the french ( language based, not just in france) community deserves proper attention from Unity, with someone taking appropriate steps to create a great and active community.

I don't think mixing languages will be a good idea, because searches will give results not necessarly understandable by enlgish speakers, and that's going to be a problem.

Maybe a simple Google group?! that could be a good way out.

Bye,

Jean