playMaker

Author Topic: prefab instance fsm changes: no visually emphasis  (Read 3644 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
prefab instance fsm changes: no visually emphasis
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
Hi,

I mistakenly changes a fsm from a prefab instance and did not realized that indeed I could change stuff within fsm without affecting all prefabs. it took me some time to figure it out because it was not intentional.

I used the revert to prefab on that fsm component and all went back to normal. This is good to know. I wasn't aware of this, as it always been like that?

Unity bolds out properties set differently from the prefab. is it possible to do so as well within fsm? for example I changed an event property, but nothing visually tells me that it's not how the prefab is set. Maybe it does but I don't know where to look.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Re: prefab instance fsm changes: no visually emphasis
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 04:21:02 PM »
Revert To Prefab has always worked. There is a field next to "Lock" in the selection menu that shows whether your editing a prefab, a prefab instance or a modified prefab instance, with each having its own dropdown menu.

I'd like to have more granular feedback about what's different from the prefab, but it's kind of tricky because of the way the fsm data is packed (e.g., we can't just use a PropertyField which would give us that formatting for free). I'll look into it though...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: prefab instance fsm changes: no visually emphasis
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:51:07 AM »
Hi,

I appreciate the "packed nature of fsm. Maybe just bolds out the fsm component. that would be a good start. OR actually have a more intrusive warning when editing a fsm of a prefba instance instead of the prefab itself. just like when editing during playback or something.

This is the kind of things that happens when you start with such type of work, once you are acquainted with this fact, you don't really do the mistake again.

Bye,

Jean