playMaker

Author Topic: Help, modifying SendEventbyName  (Read 1938 times)

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
Help, modifying SendEventbyName
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
Hello, can someone, please tell me what is the easiest way to change the action "send event by name" to allow me to specify an fsm to send the event to, like "send event" does?

I tried looking at the script of 'send event", but couldnĀ“t pinpoint where exactly it does this.

thank you for your time

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Help, modifying SendEventbyName
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 07:42:37 PM »
The Event Target fields are identical.... ?

Do you mean the Send Event field? Doing so there would defeat the purpose of the action.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

C.J.Geringer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 08:16:16 AM »
I may be missing something, but checking in the manual and int he editor, when the action "send Event' is used it gives the option of choosing an specific FSM to receive the event. From the manual: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W34

GameObject Fsm

Only send this event to a specific Fsm off a given GameObject. Event must be marked global

This option seems to be absent in "send event by name": https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W834

I need to send an event by name to a specific FSM in the game object because I have two identical but independent FSMs in the same object, and I will have many problem if the event is sent to both when it should have been sent to only one.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 08:24:45 AM »
Just change the Self dropdown to GameObject FSM. Its the same dropdown on both actions. The only difference is you can type the Event Name directly into the field with Send Event By Name.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D