playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 5 WebGL build fails with PM 1.7.8 [SOLVED]  (Read 4805 times)

cb

• Junior Playmaker
Unity 5 WebGL build fails with PM 1.7.8 [SOLVED]
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
All seems to be ok, I have Unity 5.0 working smoothly with PM 1.7.8.2 and I'm building to Android fine. When I switch to WebGL build I get the old..

"Plugin 'PlayMaker.dll' is used from several locations
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
Please fix plugin settings and try again.
"

I am also using the Fast Platform Switch asset which basically caches the settings for each build you require as a quick alternative to switching platforms inside the Unity Build window. Could this be a cause?
I've run the auto update and as it builds ok to Android it seems to be working well, any ideas on the WebGL build failure?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 03:10:36 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Unity 5 WebGL build fails with PM 1.7.8
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:59:57 PM »
Have you double checked the plugin settings? Select Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll and Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker.dll and check the platforms they're used for. They should not overlap.

If that seems okay, can you try building without Fast Platform Switch?

4ppleseed

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »
All seems to be ok, I have Unity 5.0 working smoothly with PM 1.7.8.2 and I'm building to Android fine. When I switch to WebGL build I get the old..

"Plugin 'PlayMaker.dll' is used from several locations
 Assets/Plugins/PlayMaker/WebGL/PlayMaker.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/PlayMaker.dll
Please fix plugin settings and try again.
"

I am also using the Fast Platform Switch asset which basically caches the settings for each build you require as a quick alternative to switching platforms inside the Unity Build window. Could this be a cause?
I've run the auto update and as it builds ok to Android it seems to be working well, any ideas on the WebGL build failure?

Sounds like you have upgraded your PM project to Unity 5 and there is two versions of the Playmaker .dll. I had this problem too.

You can delete all the playmaker folders including the ones in Assets and Plugins and then once done, reinstall PM.

cb

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 04:44:20 AM »
Thanks guys,got it sorted. The overlap fix did the job.