playMaker

Author Topic: Any forseeable issues with Unity 5.4?  (Read 8507 times)

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
Any forseeable issues with Unity 5.4?
« on: March 02, 2016, 03:54:18 AM »
Hey,

With Unity 5.4 on the horizon, I wonder if there will be any issues on release with PlayMaker.

I know Unity moved some stuff around in either 5.2 or 5.3 (I can't remember which one) but does anybody think they'll do the same again and mess things up?

Thanks,
Steven

hh

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Any forseeable issues with Unity 5.4?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »
I've been unable to make a (x86_64) build using the most recent beta version of Unity 5.4 due to these errors:

GetBool is not allowed to be called from a MonoBehaviour constructor, call it in Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'PlayMakerWelcomeWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEditor.EditorPrefs:GetBool(String, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerWelcomeWindow:.cctor() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerWelcomeWindow.cs:97)

SetLogCallbackDefined is not allowed to be called during serialization, call it from Awake or Start instead. Called from script 'FsmEditorWindow' on game object ''.
See "Script Serialization" page in the Unity Manual for further details.
UnityEngine.Application:add_logMessageReceived(LogCallback)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.ctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:51)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmDebugger:.cctor() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmDebugger.cs:22)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 11:12:24 AM »
Hey,

With Unity 5.4 on the horizon, I wonder if there will be any issues on release with PlayMaker.

I know Unity moved some stuff around in either 5.2 or 5.3 (I can't remember which one) but does anybody think they'll do the same again and mess things up?

Thanks,
Steven

We work with the current Unity beta to try and fix any compatibility issues before release. If you're using the Unity beta you might have to wait occasionally for a fix, but our goal is to have full compatibility on final release.

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 01:33:28 PM »
Superb as per usual, Alex  ;D

I know 5.4 solves Android issues with OpenGL 3.0 on some devices, so it's worth a try as I'm getting some start up crashes reported on the Play Store. Goodness knows what issues will be introduced though.

I haven't been able to give it a try, hh, as I'm one of those poor folks who don't get access to the latest builds :)

ticklishbutterfly518

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »
Luckily, I didn't have any problems at all so I can enjoy Unity 5.4 easily!
Hi fellows! I am a citizen of a glorious town of Horseheads. I am huge hothead of carpets, especially clean and shiny ones, so check tanie pranie dywanów Poznań!

LogLady

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 05:22:20 PM »
@playsteven

This Unity version beta is open for everyone (personal and pro users).

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 05:21:54 AM »
Thanks, @LogLady, I noticed that Unity have opened up beta to all users  :D

Most of the fixes I needed (for android) are in 5.3.4, so I think 5.4 is for a later date...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 05:58:12 AM »
Hi,

just as a reminder, as always, make sure you have proper back up solution when moving to a new version of Unity or actually any assets you have in your project. It's critical to not loose work. I use Bitbucket for private git rep, coupled with SourceTree Client app and it works very well and is free :)

Bye,

Jean

playsteven

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 06:21:52 AM »
Good advice, Jean, you don't want to learn the hard way  :o