playMaker

Author Topic: How to reduce the time that the playmaker searched my updated custom Action?  (Read 2590 times)

liu396155102

• Playmaker Newbie
the time is always too long  after i update a Custom Action,just 10 second every time ...  a lot of my time is wasted on it !!!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

That's nothing to do with PlayMaker. It's unity that compiles your project again. It's a pain indeed... and it happens when your project starts to be big.

The actual search for all actions in a project is very fast, this is not the issue here.

if you create a new behavior, the compiler will do the same job as if you create a custom action, no difference for Unity nor playmaker.

Maybe there is a way, but it's been mentionned many times that the compiler needs to be optimized to recompile only what really needs it, and so far I think it's far from being the case indeed...

Bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Unity takes longer to compile as your project gets more content. If I'm making fast iterations and waiting on the compiler I'll typically work in a barebone project when making new actions, then migrate the finished scripts to the other project.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

liu396155102

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,

That's nothing to do with PlayMaker. It's unity that compiles your project again. It's a pain indeed... and it happens when your project starts to be big.

The actual search for all actions in a project is very fast, this is not the issue here.

if you create a new behavior, the compiler will do the same job as if you create a custom action, no difference for Unity nor playmaker.

Maybe there is a way, but it's been mentionned many times that the compiler needs to be optimized to recompile only what really needs it, and so far I think it's far from being the case indeed...

Bye,

Jean

Vecy Thanks for the reply ,Well ,How to optimize to recompile only what i need?

liu396155102

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity takes longer to compile as your project gets more content. If I'm making fast iterations and waiting on the compiler I'll typically work in a barebone project when making new actions, then migrate the finished scripts to the other project.

That  sound a good idea ,i will try it ! Very Thank You!~

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

Yep, Lane is right, when you are on a big project, it's sadly a lot more productive to have smaller projects to develop scripts and small features... It's a a real drag to productivity.

But the good side of this is that it forces you to think in terms of "feature" and module as independant and reusable, which is always good in the long term. You may never reuse it, but training your brain to think in terms of reusability is important and give you the edge.

Bye,

Jean