playMaker

Author Topic: Unity Scene bigger than 100mb [SOLVED]  (Read 450 times)

Christoph

• Beta Group
Unity Scene bigger than 100mb [SOLVED]
« on: May 17, 2023, 10:05:57 PM »
Today my unity scene just got bigger than 100mb in size and I can't upload anymore to github. Most of my code is with Playmaker. Is this because of it? Or what should I be looking for to reduce the size of my scene?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 04:34:37 PM by Christoph »

Christoph

• Beta Group
Re: Unity Scene bigger than 100mb
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 10:26:50 PM »
When I delete my managers in the scene (they all are done with Playmaker FSMs) my scene size goes down to 4mb. So it seems definitely be related to Playmaker...

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 01:01:24 PM »
So seems the problem actually is Easy Save and the Reference Manager that is in my scene. At least a big junk of it. If I delete the manager my scene goes down to 11mb.

The worst thing: I have actually no clue what that Reference Manager does. In the documentation it says:

The manager is needed for saving reference types (or value types with fields containing reference types)

What does that mean? Can someone explain this to me as if I were 5?

For now I deleted the manager entirely from my scene and seems my game is still working in its entirety.

Source: https://docs.moodkie.com/easy-save-3/es3-guides/saving-and-loading-references/

Christoph

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 10:32:05 AM »
Got back from the dev of easy save. Seems this is to save prefabs, game objects and scripts which I don’t do. So all good. I wonder though what this is really for? I mean why would someone want to save those? What are the use cases?

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
Re: Unity Scene bigger than 100mb [SOLVED]
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 12:49:14 PM »
The most annoying thing with the reference manager is how it will refresh after you save a scene, often forcing you to resave it again two seconds later.
I had to deactivate the auto update.
What kind of information did you get about this feature anyway? I don't save game objects through ES3, I only use it to manage player prefs and saving and loading of variables, and I've always been puzzled by this section of the tool.
My ES3GlobalReferences file is very small. Was yours huge? Did it save a whole chunk of a scene in some way, somewhere, on behalf of ES3?