playMaker

Author Topic: About missing transition event...  (Read 921 times)

linch47

• Playmaker Newbie
About missing transition event...
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:00:33 AM »
Hi there, I'm new and this is the first post here, hope I'm doing everything correct. :P

Currently, I'm working on a 2D game project and using playmaker for my character control. From event to event, I use [get key down] and [get key up] as transition event from one state to another.

It works perfectly when the player plays the game in a normal pace, but when the player is in an emergency situation, for example, the character is surrounded by a lot of monsters and required for quick reaction and a lot of key inputs in a short time, sometimes [get key up] doesn't work as expected.

It seems that it doesn't receive [get key up] event in a state, so the character was stacked at a certain state. For example, the squat key is already up but the character is still squatting, so the player needs to hit the squat key and leave it to trigger [get key up].

This image is an example of by design. Since I didn't have any professional training about playmaker, it will be very helpful if you can point out what did I do wrong.

Thank you!