PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Pre-release Discussion

What exactly would the Playmaker update bring/allow for?

(1/1)

jamun99:
I watched a beginner tutorial on it because I wanted to know what it was too. It's not a lot different from the component system that's already in VRCHAT, but it looks like it has more functions and is, of course, more visual. I've been working building worlds for a month or two and I understood pretty quickly how to use PlayMaker. I don't have it yet, but I am looking forward to getting it. ($65...)

The devs have said some C# scripting will be possible, but I can see how there's massive room for abuse there, so don't know how they're going to prevent it. PlayMaker seems like a nice medium.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

What video did you watched?

Bye,

Jean

AlexPhilip:
Playmaker comes with a set of highly customisable 'actions' that react to gameplay giving the map maker a huge varierty of options:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W2

So far example with playmaker you could create an arcade map where players collect tickets by winning games and earning prizes, or you could have a map where players pilot a ship. You can have story driven maps and the like. It allows for a wide range of custom events while still being restrictive enough to not allow for malicious scripts. You can technically quit the game with playmaker but they might blacklist that action.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version