playMaker

Author Topic: How well can Playmaker play along with other asset packages?  (Read 492 times)

Hanz

• Playmaker Newbie
How well can Playmaker play along with other asset packages?
« on: March 13, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »
Hi,

I am completely new to playmaker and have a question: I see and understand that you can do a lot with playmaker. However, all examples and tutorials I have seen so far (30+) deal *only* with playmaker.

My question is how well can PM be *mixed* with other packages?

For instance, I want to use Gaia for my world, Invector for my 3rd person controller, PUN for networking and Playmaker for the puzzle elements.

Is this possible?

Regards,
Confused Newbie

scage

• Playmaker Newbie
    • My Personal Page Itch.io
Re: How well can Playmaker play along with other asset packages?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 12:15:21 PM »
Hello,
there is a lot of asset that integrates with playmaker.

I will direct you to another third-party asset that would be more interesting and well integrated with Playmaker.

"Invector has multiplayer on the asset store, but Invector was not originally designed for multiplayer."

The best third person right now for me
and the third person of opsive who has a Playmaker and PUN2 integration
PUN2 integration also pays off.

For my part, I advise you to create a third person in playmaker and to create the multiplayer in playmaker perfectly integrated with Playmaker. the time to do it is well worth it for the freedom that Playmaker will give you.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1370337951301959686
in the video I posted on twitter, the movement and multiplayer were created with Playmaker.

I use opsive Ultimate Character Controller when I need to test specific functionality on a prototype.

I don't use GAIA I couldn't guide you, sorry.

Best regards
Scage