PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

Move in the direction of where you are looking

<< < (3/4) > >>

wuannetraam:
bedankt!

I'm looking for a way to set a max speed for the movement. The character increases in speed but I want to set a max to it. Any advice on how to do that in playmaker?

djaydino:
Hi.
i noticed on a few posts earlier you are talking about force.
setting force every frame is 'expensive' to use so if possible you should use velocity instead.

To maximize you can use a float clamp

wuannetraam:
Thanks I have changed it to Velocity. I was already looking at "clamp" but I don't get what i actually have to clamp and how I assign it to the movement.

Im using a rigid body. I know i can clamp for example a float value. but I dont get where I need to put the clamped float. Do i need to add that to a new action?

LordHorusNL:

--- Quote from: wuannetraam on May 13, 2020, 02:43:26 PM ---Thanks I have changed it to Velocity. I was already looking at "clamp" but I don't get what i actually have to clamp and how I assign it to the movement.

Im using a rigid body. I know i can clamp for example a float value. but I dont get where I need to put the clamped float. Do i need to add that to a new action?

--- End quote ---

Hey Maarten

What speed do you want to limit exactly?

I'm unsure about what you mean, the max speed the character moves at is determined by the two multipliers in the starting state and thus should never exceed that speed.

Or do you mean the speed at which the character is accelerating?

djaydino:
hi.
You can clamp the float value by placing the float clamp action just before(above)  'Set Velocity' , but after getting the axis.
and clamp touchpad horizontal and/or vertical to the min/max value.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version