PlayMaker News > User Showcase

Blackjack Pro! for Playmaker

<< < (2/3) > >>

Graham:
Blackjack Pro is now Unity 2017 ready, and now it's Blackjack week!

To celebrate, we're offering 40% off when you purchase the Blackjack Pro Playmaker template on our website.
 (http://3dsauce.com/release/blackjack/)

Happy Blackjack!

4ppleseed:
Hi Graham, bit of a random question: could all of these games work using just Playmaker Arrays rather than ArrayMaker?

Graham:

--- Quote from: 4ppleseed on September 14, 2017, 04:28:25 AM ---Hi Graham, bit of a random question: could all of these games work using just Playmaker Arrays rather than ArrayMaker?

--- End quote ---

ArrayMaker offers advanced functionality that I don't think the built in arrays can match without some custom actions and tinkering.

If you are worried about performance, I can assure you that Arraymaker is on par with the built in solution.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

yes, ArrayMaker is still a solution of choice for more advanced use of arrays. and if you are concerned about performances, simply get in touch with me and we'll look at it, but indeed as Graham said, you can expect ArryMaker to deliver.

Where built arrays is more performant is when the number of items in the array doesn't change, then built in array performs better ( in theory, because on practice it's aonly after thousands of items that you will have a noticeable impact), everytimw you need to add and delete items in your game and often, ArryMaker is far more suitable because it's using dedicated lists that are meant to be flexible and if you try to do this with built in array you' have performances impact far quicker then the other way around.

also, ArrayMaker has more flexible inspectors to browse long lists of items, which helps when you have lots of data to deal with.

Bye,

Jean

Graham:
Thanks for the detailed explanation Jean. I still use both on a regular basis, it just depends on what is needed for any given task. They are both great tools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version