playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Help  (Read 2100 times)

Roninfang

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Help
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:45:45 AM »
hmmm need a bit of help

cant seem to find tutorial for these
basic idea is

1. when player collect this item he gets a score

2. found some tutorials on health bar thing...but what i need to happen is
when player is in a certain mode/state he/she only takes x amount of damage but when player is not that certain mode/state the enemy attack etc is an instant kill

3. now i have 3 levels named A B or C what i wish to happen is the level that loads is random among the three

4. the npc's on the map will appear on random

5. the item player needs to collect on the map is also on random

charming_fox

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Playmaker Help
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »
Hi,

I'm no expert but I would handle all of these things using variables, it would be good to learn and experiment with variables as early as possible:
Again, I'm sure I have some really bad habits but here's what I would do:

1. when player collect this item he gets a score

a) Make a global variable integer for the player's score

b) Upon collection of the item have the FSM that deals with that process perform an 'int operator' and add 1 to the global variable

2. found some tutorials on health bar thing...but what i need to happen is
when player is in a certain mode/state he/she only takes x amount of damage but when player is not that certain mode/state the enemy attack etc is an instant kill

This time you want to have a variable for these 'states', like a damage modifier, so that when you deduct health you perform a float operator to divide the damage dealt value by the damage modifier.

3. now i have 3 levels named A B or C what i wish to happen is the level that loads is random among the three

You'll probably need a main menu and a Play button, when you hit play you need to generate a random integer, then use an int switch to send events to 3 states, each state loads A B or C

4. the npc's on the map will appear on random

I would do this by placing a load of empty game objects around the map and have them choose a random 'spawn point' from those game objects when they first are generated.

5. the item player needs to collect on the map is also on random

Exactly as above.

Hope this helps in some way!

Roninfang

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker Help
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »
a) Make a global variable integer for the player's score

i guess i place that global value on a ui element somehow?