playMaker

Author Topic: Graph view disappeared! [SOLVED]  (Read 3350 times)

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
Graph view disappeared! [SOLVED]
« on: July 05, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
Hi,
So after solving my EasySave 2 problem I went back into my old project, purchased EasySave 2 from asset store, imported it to get the lastest version (v2.14). realised that they was a update to Playmaker (v1.6.2) so updated that too... recopied the EasySave2 actions from its .zip file to Playmakers actions folder... and then all of a sudden the Playmaker icons next to the objects in my Hierarchy view disappeared... and when I clicked an object to see its FSM.. the graph view was empty (not even any minimap).

So, i ran the project and it worked perfectly - even loaded and saved to the save file correctly, hence my originaly ES2 problem was solved.. I quit the project and returned to Unity, checked the FSMs of objects and still nothing showing in the graph view.. plus no States showing... though events are still in the list as are local variables.

I am seriously having a few strange days with Playmaker (which has never happened before), I think it hates me.

If anyone can shed light on this, that would be great... other then that I am trying to figure out if I did something to hide this or not.

Regards,
-ANDOS
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:48:42 PM by oOoANDOSoOo »

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Graph view disappeared!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 08:52:14 PM »
So i figured this out, for some reason Playmaker had wiped out all preferences from the Playmaker editor window.... so i had to 'Restore Default Settings', close Unity, load it back up and everything seems ok now. hopefully :)

Regards,
-ANDOS

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Graph view disappeared! [SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:53:59 PM »
Yeah we've had some reports of the preferences getting wiped. It probably messed up the Graph View zoom settings. But it's strange that the defaults didn't kick in... I'll take a look...

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 08:27:25 AM »
Yeah it totally messed some things up, one of my objects with a FSM just will not display its graph view, though I know its there because when a click the canvas and press the HOME key it displays the START states, which of course you can Right Click in the States view and it will list the other States you can view... so i know that they are all there.. just not showing in the graph view.... plus for some reason the box to enter a description for the state has vanished too.... i think i need to reinstall unity and start my project again.. which is going to be a pain but i think less hassle in the long run incase any other problems appear.

Very strange to run into a problem with Playmaker, never happened before.

Regards,
-Andos

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 09:20:21 AM »
Can you try zooming in/out to see if that resets something?

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 10:16:51 AM »
Yeah i did try that actually but still no joy. I know my previous problem (before I realised about resetting the prefs) was something to do with zooming in and out in the graph view (i think, anyway) as sometimes if i clicked a object to view its FSM, in the graph view you could see it as a VERY tiny small box in the centre of the canvas, but trying to zoom at that point didn't seem to do anything other then make it vanish.

Regards,
-Andos

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:21 PM »
Can you check the zoom range in Preferences > Graph View. Maybe they got corrupted...

oOoANDOSoOo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
I think that was the problem, many thanks Alex.

Regards,
-Andos