PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Help

Have to restart Unity to make some playmaker stuff work as it should

<< < (2/4) > >>

szomaza:
I have Unity 2017.1.1f1 and Playmaker 1.8.5.f8 but it's not a problem with those, as I created a new project and of course the same things work there perfectly.

In the project where I am getting this behavior I have created new variables, so I am surely not overwriting them from anywhere else, but still get the same problem.

szomaza:
OK, finally making some progress.
I noticed that there are 2 errors at runtime:

--- Code: ---FormatException: Input string was not in the correct format
System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Int32.cs:629)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.DoConvertStringToInt () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:46)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:33)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:199)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2670)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2628)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2556)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.DoTransition (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmTransition transition, Boolean isGlobal) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2595)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.ProcessEvent (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData eventData) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2178)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SendEventToFsmOnGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.String fsmName, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2535)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Event (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventTarget eventTarget, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2302)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SendEvent.cs:42)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:199)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2670)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2628)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2556)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.DoTransition (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmTransition transition, Boolean isGlobal) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2595)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.ProcessEvent (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventData eventData) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2178)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SendEventToFsmOnGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.String fsmName, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2535)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Event (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEventTarget eventTarget, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmEvent fsmEvent) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2302)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SendEvent.cs:42)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2686)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1920)
PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:532)

--- End code ---

System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Int32.cs:629)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.DoConvertStringToInt () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:46)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.ConvertStringToInt.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ConvertStringToInt.cs:33)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2686)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1920)
PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:532)

--- End code ---

Every time I restart Unity those actions converting strings to floats work the 1st time I play the scene, but stop working after that when I play it again, so I guess these errors mess something up.

Clicking the errors it points to 2 different game objects.
If after restarting Unity I disable those, then I don't get these errors anymore and other things keep working no matter how many times I play the scene.

I'll try to figure out what is the problem there... and get rid of those errors.

djaydino:
Hi,
From what i can see on this error it is talking about a ConvertStringToInt action and
on the 1st post you where talking about string to float conversions.

Also :

--- End code ---
means that there is a wrong format (string/int/float are formats) :)

szomaza:
Good news I narrowed it down and managed to reproduce this in a fresh project with just a few actions.

This is how it goes:
1. When playing the scene for the 1st time there is no error and the "string to float" works nicely.
2. Then Stop and Play again to get the error and the float result is 0 now, not working.
3. The project has to be reloaded to be able to run without error again (for the 1st time)

Before the state that should be doing the "String to Float" conversion I have another state with 2 actions:
Get Day Of Week
Get Number Of Days In Month

If this date manipulating state is excluded from the FSM then the float gives proper result every time no matter how many time the scene is played, so I guess those are causing the whole problem.

LOL, I made these actions some time ago:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=12203.0

And they have been working properly since and keep on working even when the "string to float" convert stops, but I have no idea what is going on, how can these actions break the "string to float" from working???

Can I send you this test project or could you check the code of those 2 actions on the above link?
Maybe there is something totally wrong with them.

Strange thing is they have been working for a long time, and anyway, how can they prevent the "string to float" from working?
I did update the project to a fresh Unity and Playmaker, so maybe those date actions are doing something that should not be done anymore?

Thanks in advance,
szomaza

jeanfabre:
Hi,

yes, pm me with the project, I'll have a look, sounds odd indeed.

bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version