PlayMaker Help & Tips > PlayMaker Tips & Tricks

PlayMaker stats

<< < (2/4) > >>

jeanfabre:
Hi,

The number of fsm components or indeed scripts running isn't generally the problem on mobile, it's more what you do inside it and how efficient is it, for example, don't check for a variable on each update, instead work out a solution to inform about a change of value. Don't do complex manipulation every update when you can do it once when necessary, things like that.

and most likely you will struggle with the meshes, materials, textures and physics ( if there is). This is where the real optimization and potential show stopper are really, especially on mobile.

Bye,

Jean

brendang:
Great info, Jean...thanks.

I had just read somewhere in the Unity forum about some other non-visual FSM plugin that mentioned things could get heavy. Good old project optimization can absolve a myriad of sins.

Azamat:
Not working(

jeanfabre:
Hi,

I updated the script, it's now a package. Get it from the original post of this thread.

It's been a while I wanted to do a beefed up version of this system, bot just stats but also for better introspection and searches, so I may include this within the Ecosystem soon.

Bye,

Jean

Azamat:
Thank you Jean. Playmaker Stats now working)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version