playMaker

Author Topic: Strange behaviour when scaling object  (Read 1981 times)

mortengu

• Playmaker Newbie
Strange behaviour when scaling object
« on: February 23, 2014, 05:23:46 AM »
Hi,

I´m new to Playmaker (and pretty new to Unity), so I followed along with the Basic Playmaker video for creating a 3.person controller for a simple cube. So I added the cube to my scene, and added a character controller to it. Then I added a simple FSM with only one state, added the Get Axes Vector component and the Controller Simple Move. It worked fine, and I could move my cube around with the arrow keys or the ASDW keys… so far so good… But then I scaled my Cube in the Z direction, and some pretty strange things starts to happen… Depending on how much I scale it it either moves very slowly in Z direction, or it starts to move in the X direction for all arrow keys…

I have the feeling that I must have done a basic mistake somewhere, but I have repeated the experiment several times, and the same thing happens every time.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me figure this out…

Best regards,
Morten

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Strange behaviour when scaling object
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 10:34:33 PM »
What exactly are the transformations? When you set them all back to 1, do they return to normal? I can't think of why there should be any difference in the movement at all...

mortengu

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Strange behaviour when scaling object
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:02:09 PM »
Hi,
If I set the Z scaling to 2 (or really any number larger than 1) and don't change anything else the strange effect occurs… when I set the scale back to 1 it´s working as it should… 

It only happens when I use the built in character controller component. I have built my own character controller in PM, and this works fine…

I would appreciate if someone could test it on their machine… maybe it´s just some strange effect I get on mine…

regards,
Morten