playMaker

Author Topic: (solved) Camera colliding/activating my trigger boxes..  (Read 881 times)

Qbanyto

• Vista Larga, Paso corto
(solved) Camera colliding/activating my trigger boxes..
« on: August 13, 2020, 10:25:48 PM »
So, I have a door system that uses "trigger enter" and "trigger exit" events. and it works great! BUT! (there is always a but) the camera is ALSO activating this doors in a hilarious fashion. so whenever I rotate my camera (Using cinemachines freelook camera" it triggers all these doors to open and close in the area like a haunted house lmao.

I even set the triggers to only use collider tags (tag: player which my camera doesn't NOT have but my player does). Any ideas? instead of trigger enter/exit, should I just use "collision event instead? what's the difference? they seem identical
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:53:32 AM by Qbanyto »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Camera colliding/activating my trigger boxes..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 03:25:37 AM »
Hi.
You can use tags or layers.

Layers you can set to ignore with other layers.
BUT layers are limited to 32.

Qbanyto

Re: Camera colliding/activating my trigger boxes..
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:31:09 AM »
I have already tried the tag route and it didn’t work. The camera still triggered the door animations.

I’m gonna try to see how to have it done through layers. Is there an action for that?
I saw in a video where unity has an option in the settings where you can choose which layer interacts with which. Maybe that’ll do the trick.

Hi.
You can use tags or layers.

Layers you can set to ignore with other layers.
BUT layers are limited to 32.

Qbanyto

(solved) Re: Camera colliding/activating my trigger boxes..
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 07:16:00 PM »
ok this has been fixed. I created a new layer for the camera and the triggers and disabled them from collided with each other in the project settings. neat feature. NO MORE HAUNTED DOORS!