playMaker

Author Topic: UI Pause Menu button issues  (Read 538 times)

wirejaw

• Playmaker Newbie
UI Pause Menu button issues
« on: June 06, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »
I have a standard pause menu in place with three buttons:  Continue, Restart, and Quit, arranged in a vertical stack. I set time scale to 0 when the menu is opened to pause and vice versa, which works fine.  I've figured out how to set the top button (Continue) to be the "First Selected" (thanks to this thread:  https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=24884.msg107691#msg107691). 

Now I need to figure out how to allow up and down toggle input with my game controller for the three buttons.  Currently I can only mouse over each button to highlight and mouse click to select them.

Any ideas...?  Thanks for any help!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:01:14 PM by wirejaw »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: UI Pause Menu button issues
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 09:12:27 PM »
Hi.
on the buttons component you can do some settings.
But by default its should work already.

are you using the new input system maybe?
as i believe you need to assign them then (not sure tho, i never used the new input system and using Rewired)

wirejaw

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 11:49:33 PM »
Hey djdino - I'm using the "Standalone Input Module" (is that the "old system?").  I still haven't been able to get it working.  None of the button settings seem to make a difference that I can see.  I have the buttons on my Title Screen working fine, but the canvas for that scene is just a regular object, not a prefab, so I can't set things the same with my prefab Pause Menu from what I can tell.  Even on my Title Screen though the only way I have found a way to make my game controller work is by assigning new inputs that I made (shown in the screen shots below).  It didn't work with the regular inputs.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 11:51:38 PM by wirejaw »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 09:01:46 AM »
HI.
ok, strange.
As far as i know the old input worked out of the box (unity 2019 and below)