playMaker

Author Topic: Jumping not jumping as far as force set  (Read 3200 times)

Omle555

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Jumping not jumping as far as force set
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 11:10:33 PM »
Hi, I'm interested to see your setup, do you mind sending me your scene as an attachment?

Dunno if this will be enough but.

Omle555

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 11:18:35 PM »
Gravity scale 15 is really high! Around 2—5 is decent setting.

If that’s not it, I guess you are overriding velocity and that’s why it’s not lifting off. Disable your movement FSM or similar, and try it. Then make sure that the offending action (probably set velocity) does not interfere with velocity Y.

Spot on sir, Disabled the directional FSM controller and jumping works great on Impulse. set the Y force to 0.12 and it jumps great.

Now how do i fix it so my direction FSM does not effect the jumping?

Thore

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 06:13:42 AM »
Check the movement fsm and narrow down which action is overriding velocity Y, you can just disable actions to see which. Probably set velocity. You want to set velocity Y to none, because 0 means that the rigidbody will not move up (positive values) or down (negative values), hence it’s locked in place vertically.

When you hover over the the action, you should see tooltips. Playmaker actions are C# scripts that typically do one particular thing, as determined by the engine. That means, you can also look up what Unity documentation says how to use it, or use all those scripting tutorials on Youtube (you can always ask of course) :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:18:02 PM by Thore »

Omle555

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 08:09:30 PM »
Check the movement fsm and narrow down which action is overriding velocity Y, you can just disable actions to see which. Probably set velocity. You want to set velocity Y to none, because 0 means that the rigidbody will not move up (positive values) or down (negative values), hence it’s locked in place vertically.

When you hover over the the action, you should see tooltips. Playmaker actions are C# scripts that typically do one particular thing, as proscribed by the engine. That means, you can also look up what Unity documentation says how to use it. :)

Spot on again sir, thankyou so much :)